540HX TV mode DVD mode

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bobcats, Aug 19, 2006.

1. bobcats

bobcats

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    On the remote control there is a tv mode/dvd mode button. according to the manual, if the tv is set to the dvd recorder (av1 on my tv) then when using this switch in tv mode you will change from the internal tuners of the recorder to the tv tuner. mine does not do this although I do get either the tv mode or dvd mode flag on the screen but it stays on the dvd tuner all the time. I spoke to pioneer and they said do a total reset, have done this with no result. Any ideas??

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    Hi

If you set the AV1 mode manually on the TV, it will stay on AV mode regardless of what the source tells it, so this is perhaps what you are seeing. In otherwords your manual setting overrides the DVD recorder.

To test it is working as it should, make sure the DVD Recorder is in TV mode then turn it off and put the TV on it's own tuner then turn the TV off.

Turn the TV on so you are watching the TV's tuner, then turn on the DVD Recorder. The TV should remain on the tuner. Next press the Guide button on the DVD Recorder and this should trigger the TV to switch to the DVD Recorder, when you exit the guide the TV will go back to it's own tuner.

Next press the TV/DVD button to switch to DVD mode, the TV will switch to the DVD.

Regards

Phil

3. bobcats

bobcats

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    PhilipL, thanks for the reply and sorry it has taken me a while to reply but I have been busy. I have just tried your suggestion with no success.
    When the tv is switched on and watching the tv tuner it does not change. The only way to see the dvd recorder is by switching the tv to AV1.
    The tv is a Bush 6690D IDTV. bought during the ONdigital fiasco (I`ll never buy a Bush product again their Customer sewrvice is rubbish) it uses a double ended scart with 3 phonos (vid/aud l+r) in a socket marked AV1.The only leads I have been able to purchase do not have a fully wired scart, according to the Pioneer customer service this should not matter.
    There is a facility on the tv whereby you can change the AV-1 output to Digital Mode...AV-2...or Standard Mode. I have no idea what this means and it is not mentioned in the manual..

4. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    Hi

There's your answer. It will only work over a fully wired SCART.

The only option you have is to manually switch to the AV channel or buy a new TV.

Regards

Phil