1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

525p on a 433 from a hacked Xbox problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bluebaron, Dec 17, 2002.

1. bluebaron

bluebaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a real problem with ghosting in 525p on my 433mxe from the Xbox. I purchased the HD kit and made my own phono to component cables. 625i is perfect, but when I change to NTSC 525p everything has a horrible ghosting.

The display button confirms that it's getting 525p. Anyone know what's going on?

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Could you try to just connect the Y signal in to the screen, and on the video input only? You should get a b&w image. Also try the same on a normal TV (if it's able to hold a NTSC picture), and see if you've got the ghosting still.

Ghosting is sometimes caused by cheap (read rubbish) cables, and is elimiated by using good quality properly matched cables.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. bluebaron

bluebaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I like to think I make a pretty good quality cable. Been making them for years ;)

But seriously, like a say there's absolutely no problem with component 625i with the same cables. Also can confirm that the B+W picture has no ghosting.

FYI, I used Van Damme Hi Res Low loss 75 ohm coax with gold plated phonos/BNC's. Any other ideas?

4. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    bluebaron,
    not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but you should see some of the cables I've seen!

Try going to a TV's video input only, rather than the plasma screen. The reason I ask for this is to identify where the problem lies. It could the the screen, but it could also be the XBox, going to a normal TV would eliminate one of them.

When trying to identify where a problem lies, it's important to ensure you're eliminating each area before pointing the finger. Which is why I try to get people to break the system down in to smaller chunks, and work from there.

All the best,

John.