525 switching inputs on lg32lx2r

OCukScoobyDoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive set my harmony 525 up and been onto logitech technical support for a couple of hours but i cant seem to get the remote to switch inputs correctly on my lg32lx2r.

If i say press watch tv, it stays on AV1 correctly, turns on amp and cable box fine.
Then when i press Play Xbox, it turns the xbox on, switches the amp over and starts to cycle through the inputs to get to component, but it stops one short! on s-video.

So i then press help and it switches to the next input which is component.

Now...
If i press watch tv from here, it starts to switch through the inputs again but again stops 1 short at TV, and doesnt go to AV1.

Any ideas?, ive got all the names etc correctly setup in the inputs screen. Anyone else here using the remote with their lg32lx2r??.

OCukScoobyDoo said:
Ive set my harmony 525 up and been onto logitech technical support for a couple of hours but i cant seem to get the remote to switch inputs correctly on my lg32lx2r.

If i say press watch tv, it stays on AV1 correctly, turns on amp and cable box fine.
Then when i press Play Xbox, it turns the xbox on, switches the amp over and starts to cycle through the inputs to get to component, but it stops one short! on s-video.

So i then press help and it switches to the next input which is component.

Now...
If i press watch tv from here, it starts to switch through the inputs again but again stops 1 short at TV, and doesnt go to AV1.

Any ideas?, ive got all the names etc correctly setup in the inputs screen. Anyone else here using the remote with their lg32lx2r??.

If I remember rightly, when setting up the av inputs on the Harmony it lists them as: Video 1, Video 2, Video 3 etc.

Different tv's handle this differently, for instance vga doesn't have an av number (on my tv anyway) so I had to set it to Video 6 and try it.

It sounds as though it thinks the 360 is on one input lower than it should be and so doesn't get there. This would account for it stopping one input short again when trying to switch back to tv. The Video number in the remote set up just relates to the number of input switches you have to make.

So, to get to the point, if for example your 360 is set to Video 4 on the Harmony, try setting it to Video 5 and see if that fixes it.

I tried selecting the next source down, but it still wouldnt get there.

By looking at the flashing blue light when it transmits a ir signal it seems that its sending enough signals out to switch to the relevant input but the LG is ignoring 1 or sometimes 2.

Im sure its got to be something to do with the delays but ive tried messing around with them and go no where, think a call back to LG this afternoon is in order.

Just to keep you posted incase anyone else has this TV and remote. Logitech tech support called me back tonight and the support was fantastic.
The guy from toronto was on the phone for over an hour and he finally got the remote working selecting the correct inputs. He's had to enter some new code, and lots more delays then the standard software would allow.

He did say that US customers with this tv had it working fine as they had discrete codes but logitech didnt have these for the european version.

Ive emailed LG to request these which i shall send onto logitech if LG supply them.

OCukScoobyDoo said:
Just to keep you posted incase anyone else has this TV and remote. Logitech tech support called me back tonight and the support was fantastic.
The guy from toronto was on the phone for over an hour and he finally got the remote working selecting the correct inputs. He's had to enter some new code, and lots more delays then the standard software would allow.

He did say that US customers with this tv had it working fine as they had discrete codes but logitech didnt have these for the european version.

Ive emailed LG to request these which i shall send onto logitech if LG supply them.

That's great to hear. Glad you got it sorted.

OCukScoobyDoo,

I have just purchased a harmony 525 to use on my lg32lx2r. Is this the only problem regarding inputs ? Should I return my remote. Please help ?

I take it you can flick between the inputs manually ?

pixelpixel said:
OCukScoobyDoo,

I have just purchased a harmony 525 to use on my lg32lx2r. Is this the only problem regarding inputs ? Should I return my remote. Please help ?

I take it you can flick between the inputs manually ?

Yeah you can flick between the inputs manually no problem at all, its just when using the activities. IE Ive setup 'Play xbox360' which i want the TV to switch to component input automatically. It now does it fine, but its taken some setting up by tech supportl.

The remote controls the tv fine manually, all the options are there and they are all controlled fine, its just the activities that it has problems with if you want to switch inputs.

Switching the tv on/off works fine.

will let you know how I get on with setting up some activities. Due to arrive on Monday.

Had a play with the remote and have a small problem.

The power button will switch my sky+ box off then it will switch my input to tv and not turn off my tv. Will have another play with it tonight.

Also need to fix power on delay. It seems no delay kicking in.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom