520e component help?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Kutz, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Kutz

Kutz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to connect the 520e to my 36zd26 using component. However, I don't get any picture on screen at all. Could the player be faulty or has anyone else had problems like this.

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Have you been to the DVD Player's setup menu and activated the component outputs?

Some manufacturers have the default setting as "off" when you first get the player.

K.

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to go in the dvd menu and select either S-Video or Video in the "Video Out Select" section. ;)

If you are still stuck go to Page 60 of the owners manual.

4. Kutz

Kutz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. It works now.

5. clety

clety

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought recently SD520 M region DVD but I am finding it hard to connect it via component lead to my 32ZD26p.

I bought '3 RCA lead' from Argos, it's a 3 phono to 3 phono lead, with white, red and yellow ends. Is that a component cable? If not from which high street store can I purchase one? Do I need to have a pair of audio cables for sound with component cables? I am absolutly confused with component connections! Scart is so much easier! please help.

6. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The cables you got are not coaxial 75 ohm. The yellow one is, but the red and white are just standard phono leads.

Take it back and buy three 75 ohm coaxial cables.

7. norbert

norbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    clety

You've bought yourself a composite video cable (yellow) with two analogue audio connections (red and white). You should be looking for three 75 ohm coaxial cables as nathan_silly said. Sometimes these are sold separately but, in a pack, you're probably looking for a set of red, green and blue cables.

I'm not sure where you'll get these on the high street. I believe most people buy them online. Have a search on the forum for retailers and prices. I got mine from www.vdctrading.com (10m for £40 odd inc delivery).

In answer to your final question, yes you do need audio cables as well. Most scart cables carry audio as well as video but component cables don't. Your red and white connections from Argos will do but you might want to buy something a bit better if you've got the cash.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Richard

8. clety

clety

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richard, thanks for your helpful reply! and I will start my search for a component cable.

9. clety

clety

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have now purchased a set of component cable, green, red and blue but now I can't get the DVD picture only the sound. I've tried the output on EXT4 but no picture but I can hear the sound on a blue screen. I can't even get DVD menu up on the screen. What am I doing wrong? Please help, anyone!

10. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    As per the initial posters query, have you checked the component output settings in the DVD players menus? (In order to look at this you may have to connect to the TV via scart, set the player up, then connect via component afterwards since you are currently not able to see the menus! ;))

Alternatively, do you have to change any settings in the TV setup?

K.