• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

52" lcd lg7000

Rommy13

Standard Member
Recently i have been looking around the market for a new Television for my sitting room. The LG7000 caught my eye, i have heard that LG's are not of the best quality but i saw this TV and it looked alright to me!

Any suggestions?

boxrick

Prominent Member
The lg7000 isnt a bad set... however there are probably better options for similar or even less money.

What will the television be used for and how far away will you be sat ?

Any preference of technologies? Many people ignore plasmas because they think they need regassing or the life span is only a few years ( both of which are not true )

:thumbsup:

Rommy13

Standard Member
thanks for the reply. i appreciate the comment but could you give me an example of "a tv for similar or less money". thanks

boxrick

Prominent Member
That set is approx £1500...

If you want the best 50" for a few hundred more then you want to go for the Pioneer PDPLX5090 Plasma screen... approx £1700.

The Panasonic TH50PZ80 is around £1000 and is also a much better set, Both of these are also 1080p.

:thumbsup:

Rommy13

Standard Member
i've taken a look at both the tv's you suggested. and although the description sounds good i'm not too sure about the aesthetics of the set. would you happen to know of anymore sets that are maybe a bit better looking?

Thanks......

boxrick

Prominent Member
well .... the pdplx5090 is a pretty damn fine looking set... however the same cannot be said about the pz80 :/ its fairly ugly with that silver thing accross the bottom.

If you want a good looking set check out the LG50PG6000 or PG7000 plasmas .... in reference to your pm... id stick with plasma at this size.

Rommy13

Standard Member
Well thanks again. i think i might just go with the LG. i saw the LG plasma in comet and it looked pretty good to me!!!

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom