50XHA40US 50hz at 50hz?

Oblomov

It has been established on a recent thread, by Joe and Guy, that the Panasonic PHD8 will display any native resolution signal, via VGA, up to 60hz at the input frequency, i.e. it will display a 48hz signal at 48hz and a 50hz signal at 50hz. We also know that the MXE-1 converts these signals, via DVI, to 100 hz.

We know that the Fujitsu will not accept digital native resolution at 50hz but my question is; how does it treat analogue 50hz signals? Does if display at the input frequency like the Panasonic or FRC like the Pioneer?

I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere

madshi

I believe to have read somewhere that it does accept native resolution at 50Hz and display it without FRC. However, I've not heard anything about 48Hz, yet. So I'm also listening...

Miron

Oblomov said:
It has been established on a recent thread, by Joe and Guy, that the Panasonic PHD8 will display any native resolution signal, via VGA, up to 60hz at the input frequency, i.e. it will display a 48hz signal at 48hz and a 50hz signal at 50hz.
:confused:
I don't think so.

Miron

not over DVI and not PHD8

Oblomov

Thanks for the replies guys, but we are nowhere near an answer. Liam? Piers?..

MAW

Banned
I'm afraid I have not tried. I will be with our demo 50 tomorrow, just got in now in fact, from a long long speaker demo. It's connected to an iscan at the moment, till Gordon's latest arrives, can try 48Hz, and see what it does. I reckon no FRC, its a question of what happens. It might easily prefer 72Hz for this, which should be fine.

Oblomov

That will be interesting. If it does not FRC at 48hz either then it probably behaves exactly like the Panasonic. The only question then is, if using an external scaler is the picture quality still better than the Panasonic or are you paying a premium purely for higher levels of reliability and after sales service?

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
Up and until now Fujitsu's, even via VGA, could only do native at 60Hz (and that being 1360x768 not 1366). I don't know as if this has changed with the 40 series - I've got a 50XTS40GS here but no scaler to play with :(

Oblomov

Thanks for contributing, Liam. That has really thrown the cat amongst the pigeons and muddied the waters. Oh dear, one too many metaphors, methinks....

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
LOL yeah sorry about that. It is fun though :D Will get some answers for you soon I hope, I have a handful of processors here tomorrow (Plasma Enhancer Pro, Cinemateq and possibly Lumagen) to play with.

madshi

Liam and MAW, thank you.

What would *really* interest me very much is if there's any difference in PQ between the Fujitsu and Panasonic 50" when both are being driven by the same external video processor.

Oblomov

madshi said:
Liam and MAW, thank you.

What would *really* interest me very much is if there's any difference in PQ between the Fujitsu and Panasonic 50" when both are being driven by the same external video processor.
Assuming that Liam is correct, then the Panasonic will be far better with PAL material as the Fujitsu will require FRC, which will result in the dreaded judder.

MAW

Banned
Liam is wrong, our demo 50 is running native at 50Hz. It didn't like 48 very much, but that's not quite so critical.

Further to that, XHA 30 models were OK at 75Hz native, AFAIK this has always applied to Fuji 50". If you tried 50Hz on a 30 series the picture would keep jumping 1/2 a frame right, but this is DEFINITELY solved on the 40 series.

madshi

MAW said:
Liam is wrong, our demo 50 is running native at 50Hz. It didn't like 48 very much, but that's not quite so critical.

Further to that, XHA 30 models were OK at 75Hz native, AFAIK this has always applied to Fuji 50". If you tried 50Hz on a 30 series the picture would keep jumping 1/2 a frame right, but this is DEFINITELY solved on the 40 series.
Thank you MAW!

Did you happen to have a chance to compare a Pany with a Fujitsu, when both are connected to a similar scaler? Is the Fujitsu still better in that situation PQ wise?

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme