• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

50X10B or 42G10?

shaunstrudwick

still debating whether to push boat out for a 42 or 46G10 (an extra £200+) - 1080p future proofing would be the only plus factor really (though with 3D coming out this year are the G10's really just another stop gap?) or just go for a 50X10B

SD sky and some blu-ray - viewing distance of about 8.5 ft

thoughts please

:)

edit - just been reading about flicker on the S10/G10's - that would do my head in tbh!

50X10B it is then

Last edited:

w3dal

Distinguished Member
still debating whether to push boat out for a 42 or 46G10 (an extra £200+) - 1080p future proofing would be the only plus factor really (though with 3D coming out this year are the G10's really just another stop gap?) or just go for a 50X10B

thoughts please

edit - just been reading about flicker on the S10/G10's - that would do my head in tbh!

50X10B it is then

I spent ages deciding and in the end went for the 50"X10 - great reviews from SD material, HD Ready and the price it was a no brainer. I manged to get mine for £640 last week with delivery and was here next day.

Dal

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
The more I watch my X10 the more I'm disappointed with it to be honest. I just can't seem to find any picture settings I'm 100% happy with and although some stuff looks amazing (e.g. UP in 1080p) a lot of stuff looks pretty mediocre and 'soft' to me. Kinda regretting swapping my Samsung 50PS530B for this now despite the fluctuating brightness the Samsung suffered from. I think at 50" I'd be very wary of getting anything other than a full HD screen to be honest...

shaunstrudwick

The more I watch my X10 the more I'm disappointed with it to be honest. I just can't seem to find any picture settings I'm 100% happy with and although some stuff looks amazing (e.g. UP in 1080p) a lot of stuff looks pretty mediocre and 'soft' to me. Kinda regretting swapping my Samsung 50PS530B for this now despite the fluctuating brightness the Samsung suffered from. I think at 50" I'd be very wary of getting anything other than a full HD screen to be honest...

i know the 50" is not 1080p but it's better res than the 42" (1366 x 768)

reading this forum for SD viewing the X10 panel deffo seems to be the best

shaunstrudwick

I spent ages deciding and in the end went for the 50"X10 - great reviews from SD material, HD Ready and the price it was a no brainer. I manged to get mine for £640 last week with delivery and was here next day.

Dal

Hi Dal - are you connected to Sky HD or standard - what have your viewing results been like?

F

Fatwaz

thoughts please

50X10B it is then

8.5 feet for a 42 inch 1080 lines screen is probably too far to get full benefit of the occasional bluray and as its mostly sd stuff i would go for the bigger screen x10.
in fact i think whenever its a choice between 2 similar models with the smaller size being 1080 lines and the other choice is a bigger screen but lower resolution,id nearly always go for the bigger screen

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Well it's not wow'ing me with it's SD performance to be honest, perhaps I'm sat too close (approx 8ft) and another couple of feet would change my opinion....

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom