50U7QF vs 49XG9005

Munkoli

Standard Member
I saw a thread on the Hisense U7QF review where it ended with suggestions to look for refurbished Sony XG9005's as an alternative. In what way is the Sony a better tv and is it better by much?

I was in RS the other day and they said they hate Android tv, that it hangs and crashes all the time. As I understand it, the XG has the older processor and Android version.... does this mean it hangs?

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
I saw a thread on the Hisense U7QF review where it ended with suggestions to look for refurbished Sony XG9005's as an alternative. In what way is the Sony a better tv and is it better by much?

I was in RS the other day and they said they hate Android tv, that it hangs and crashes all the time. As I understand it, the XG has the older processor and Android version.... does this mean it hangs?
I honestly wonder why some shops still bang on about android. I have had android on Sony for the last five years since I got a "smart" television and even back in 2015/16 I didn't have many issues. The XG range onwards are now excellent, fast and easy to use. Having had the U7A in the spare room for nearly two years before it became faulty, I was reasonably happy, but only because the kids used it. The "smart" system Hisense use terrible, android is soooooo much better than Hisense. I'd choose the XG9005 every day of the year over the Hisense.

Dodgexander

Its a case of comparing a low end model with high-ish specs for the price to a high end model with low-ish specs.

The difference is massive, 120hz panel, 1000 nits peak brightness, better local dimming.

Consider the time of year of purchasing:

May be a bit late for the 49XG9005 now though:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom