50PUS6703 Lip Sync issues

MarcusPants

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Wondering if anyone uses the above Philips tv with the virgin media V6 box and wouldn’t mind sharing their settings with me.. I’m running into the following issue -

First a little about the setup -
I have the 50PUS6703 tv connected to which is a Firestick and a Virgin V6 box. On HDMI 1 (ARC) is a LG SK5 soundbar and the Tv is set up to output sound to HDMI sound system via ARC.

The Firestick is the 4K version and outputs Dolby through the soundbar (via tv) perfectly.

the V6 box when set up to PCM is perfect. However turning on Dolby In the boxes menu causes lip sync issues BUT only on channels that output a Dolby soundtrack, the channels that output PCM are perfect. This means I can’t set a delay as I would have to change it as many times as changing channels. So I thought about using optical. Pushing optical through the TV gives the exact same problem as I’m experiencing with ARC however if I run an optical cable from the back of the V6 box to the soundbar the sound is perfect on all channels Dolby or PCM which leads me to believe the issue is within the tv? But if it is the tv why isn’t there an issue with the Firestick? Is it because the Firestick isn’t switching between Dolby and PCM?

I’ve thought about putting the optical and the HDMI cables both into the soundbar and switch between them but this silly soundbar automatically detects if ARC is active and this then takes priority over the Optical feed.

I have tested different HDMI cables (all v2)
Tested different HDMI ports moving the virgin box between HDMI 2 and 3
Reset the TV to factory defaults

TV is on 18.005.007.001 which reports to be the latest firmware.

Sorry it’s a long winded post and I know I could just set the V6 box to PCM but I’d like the use the Dolby features.

If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

Thanks
Mark

Did you manage to fix this? I’ve had a new Philips TV and am having the same issues.

No. I have been in contact with Philips and sent them a number of files and just waiting for them to come back to me. After reading other posts I’m not holding my breath! Back to Disabling Dolby and using stereo

Thanks for the reply. This is so frustrating as everything else works perfectly. No issues at all playing Netflix etc with Atmos, it’s just the V6 Box.

Can you pass the audio from the V6 box directly to the soundbar? I can’t with mine but that maybe an option for you?

I’ve got the Sonos Arc, which has one HDMI port for the Arc/eArc cable. Sound comes out fine on the Apps via the TV i.e. Netflex, Disney+ etc. It’s just the V6 is out of sync.

Hi all
Wondering if anyone uses the above Philips tv with the virgin media V6 box and wouldn’t mind sharing their settings with me.. I’m running into the following issue -

First a little about the setup -
I have the 50PUS6703 tv connected to which is a Firestick and a Virgin V6 box. On HDMI 1 (ARC) is a LG SK5 soundbar and the Tv is set up to output sound to HDMI sound system via ARC.

The Firestick is the 4K version and outputs Dolby through the soundbar (via tv) perfectly.

the V6 box when set up to PCM is perfect. However turning on Dolby In the boxes menu causes lip sync issues BUT only on channels that output a Dolby soundtrack, the channels that output PCM are perfect. This means I can’t set a delay as I would have to change it as many times as changing channels. So I thought about using optical. Pushing optical through the TV gives the exact same problem as I’m experiencing with ARC however if I run an optical cable from the back of the V6 box to the soundbar the sound is perfect on all channels Dolby or PCM which leads me to believe the issue is within the tv? But if it is the tv why isn’t there an issue with the Firestick? Is it because the Firestick isn’t switching between Dolby and PCM?

I’ve thought about putting the optical and the HDMI cables both into the soundbar and switch between them but this silly soundbar automatically detects if ARC is active and this then takes priority over the Optical feed.

I have tested different HDMI cables (all v2)
Tested different HDMI ports moving the virgin box between HDMI 2 and 3
Reset the TV to factory defaults

TV is on 18.005.007.001 which reports to be the latest firmware.

Sorry it’s a long winded post and I know I could just set the V6 box to PCM but I’d like the use the Dolby features.

If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

Thanks
Mark
I am sure v6 has a av sync settings. Have you tried them?

I am sure v6 has a av sync settings. Have you tried them?

The problem is that it is only out of sync on a Dolby channel, stereo channels are fine so Sync wouldn’t work, I don’t see any sync options on the V6 box.. all is fine if not going through tv

This
The problem is that it is only out of sync on a Dolby channel, stereo channels are fine so Sync wouldn’t work, I don’t see any sync options on the V6 box.. all is fine if not going through tv
This has always been a long standing issue with av sync.One of the features of eARC that is allegedly going to fix.You need this feature on both or all devices though.Not much help on existing devices though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom