1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50hz recommendations for watching football

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by beastman, Apr 16, 2002.

1. beastman

beastman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone out there got a 50 hz set that is great for football and doesn't suffer from any motion lag/blur?

I want to avoid 100hz sets to be safe as possible for watching football. I have learnt from experience that the 100hz can make matters worse especially on badly compressed broadcasts. (ie Philips unNatural Motion Readybrek glow!)

I have a small living room and will sit as near as 7 foot from the screen. Bearing in mind the (alleged) flickering of 50hz sets and that the further away you are from the screen the better it looks should I opt for 28 or 32inch?

Thanks alot

PS I use NTL which is a disgrace on some channels. Premiership Plus games are Lego stylee. What really does my swede in is when the adverts come on they look fantastic!

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Don't blame 100Hz or the TV, you're at the mercy of the broadcasters.

I too have ntl and have had a 50Hz and a 100Hz TV.
    The footy looks much better on the latter.

I don't think it's ntl's fault as I have seen the same poor pic quality on Sky and ITV Digital.

As broadcasters are charged by the amount of bandwidth the use (so I was told) then advertisers take priority over us, the paying public.

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Watch football via sky digital and 100Hz, no complaints.

Surely you aren't just going to watch football on your TV?