1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50hz or 100hz

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bop, Jan 9, 2004.

1. bop

bop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after a 32 inch widescreen for every day use , mainly watching sky(i have sky+) and dvd, i'm looking to spend £500 to £700.
    The problem i have is do i get a 100hz or 50hz tv.
    After reading many posts on this forum i am still none the wiser as there seem to be advocates of both, my main requirment from the tv would be a good watchable picture for every day use .
    Please help if you can as i'm being nagged by the wife to get one ordered soon..
    Thanks in advance..

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    If you've read all the comments you will know that each type has its benefits and drawbacks. Some people cannot stand the flicker on 50Hz sets, others cannot see it. Some cannot stand the side effects of 100Hz processing, others don't really notice them. I think the only way you will be able to make the final decision is to take a look at 50Hz and 100Hz versions of two TVs offering similar facilities and see which works for you. A couple of model numbers to check from JVC, the brand I know best, are AV-32R25 (50Hz) and AV-32X37 (100Hz).