50hz on TV

craig1980

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if you can manually change an hdmi input on my panasonic dx802b to display tv at 50hz when using xbox one to watch football with now tv or sky go because football judders quite a bit. it use to do this on my old lg plasma. i no there is a setting on xbox one that you tick to allow 50hz but this dosen't seem to do anything.when i watch football using chromecast and put the setting to 50hz it works fine and also changes the input setting on my tv to 50hz from 60hz where as the xbox one still says 60hz even with the 50hz ticked. hope you understand what i mean any advice would be appreciated. thanks craig

I think this can only be achieved two ways:
-If the xbox had a way to manually set frequency to 50hz, so you can change it manually each time you watch 25fps/50fps content.
-If the app such as now tv requests the xbox to change to 50hz for 25fps/50fps content.

Doesn't seem like those two are possible but take a read here:
Xbox One Can Be Forced To Output 50Hz To Fix UK TV Judder

as that may offer a workaround

I think this can only be achieved two ways:
-If the xbox had a way to manually set frequency to 50hz, so you can change it manually each time you watch 25fps/50fps content.
-If the app such as now tv requests the xbox to change to 50hz for 25fps/50fps content.

Doesn't seem like those two are possible but take a read here:
Xbox One Can Be Forced To Output 50Hz To Fix UK TV Judder

as that may offer a workaround
Thanks for the quick reply i will have a look at the link you have gave.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom