1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50Hz on ATI9600XT and Catatalyst CC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Lucas, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Lucas

Lucas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,
    recently got a projector and I am now watching some TV through the TV via SVideo and movies, DVDs and some 16x9 sport on the PJ.
    I am having some issues with the Projector that are refresh rate related.

Although I managed to set a 1289x720 @ 50Hz res rate through powerstrip,(seems that it is an ATI supported res and didnt have to design it in powerstrip)
    no such luck using ATI Catalyst Control Centre.

It only lists 60Hz and other NTSC oriented rates even though my regional settings point specifically to a European country which has PAL.
    ATI docs say that the refresh rates allowed are dictated by WinXP monitor properties.

Has anyone been able to convince/override Windows or ATI catalyst control centre so that 50Hz is shown and selectable?

2. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Powerstrip should override Catalyst Control Center?

Or are you saying that you set the correct res/refresh in powerstrip and CCC reverts it back to 60Hz?

Set the res in powerstrip, and then save it as "Default Settings" so it'll be applied and set powerstrip to start when windows starts, then it should set the res/refresh you want everytime.

3. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    could someone tell me how to manually set to 50hz with powerstrip? I'm also using catalyst control center and it only shows 60hz but I can't see how to use Powerstrip to force 50Hz. I can get rid of my overscan by drawing a custom desktop area but powerstrip only shows settings like use discrete/standard timing and I can't see where to force 50hz.

4. Lucas

Lucas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    When powerstrip is running everything is fine. But my trial just expired and I was wondering, since the resolution and refresh rate are pretty standard, if it is possible to do it in the ATI software without powerstrip.

5. Lucas

Lucas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You just have to select a resolution with the associated 50Hz refresh rate.