50dx750b vs 49ks7000

leony80

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All

After some research, I have finally narrowed down my next TV to be either Panasonic 50dx750b or Samsung 49ks7000

They have similar price range which suits my budget. On paper Samsung seems a better choice.

I don't mind viewing angles or 3D. All I want is a decent TV with ease of use and with accurate colours.

I have checked John Lewis customer reviews and Panasonic has better reviews and people mentioning that Samsung has firmware bugs resulting in motion blurs.

Please help me out. Thanks.

Depends how much HDR is worth to you, if you plan to utilise it with things like HDR streams from netflix/amazon/youtube, HDR game consoles or an UHD bluray disc player than the Samsung is the bare minimum really. The Panasonic just doesn't cut it with HDR.

If HDR isn't a concern, the Panasonic is almost every bit as good of a tv.

Both tv's aren't perfect, some people seem to notice micro stutter on the Samsung, some people notice motion blur on the Panasonic. Only really you can tell. Go demo in the skin and decide for yourself. Likely you'll be happy with both tv's and won't notice anything anyone has been saying.

Also beware you need to sit very close to get a quality increase in resolution alone with a UHD TV, especially a 50" model. Also be aware that standard definition content doesn't look as good when upscaled to UHD compared to just FHD. TV Viewing Distance Guide

Also beware you need to sit very close to get a quality increase in resolution alone with a UHD TV, especially a 50" model. Also be aware that standard definition content doesn't look as good when upscaled to UHD compared to just FHD. TV Viewing Distance Guide

Hi. Thank you very much for your reply. I know this is getting off topic now but above has caught my attention. If I am not ready for 4k and Hdr yet, what Full Hd tv you can recommend me? I could not find a decent TV (good blacks, colours, fast response, good interface etc) with Full HD only. It does not have to be smart either. There are Sonys but it has been said that they have buggy Android interface.

There are not many reviews for Full Hds anymore.

Samsung J6300 or J6240. The Sony TV's from 2015 did have bugs when released but most have been ironed out now. W8xxc/w7xxc series.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom