Question 50B7500UK iPlayer crash help

Reaction score
I bought this TV a couple of days ago, today an automatic update happened and ever since iPlayer won't open. Also if I try to open any other app after opening iPlayer they also won't work. They do work if I don't touch iPlayer though.

Anyone encounter a problem like this before, any help would be appreciated.

Did you perform a factory reset after the FW updated?
I believe it used to be recommended after an update. May be worth making a note of any picture settings you have changed and trying it.

Did you perform a factory reset after the FW updated?
I believe it used to be recommended after an update. May be worth making a note of any picture settings you have changed and trying it.
Tried it, iPlayer loads up the first time but then back to usual after that.

Edit: Been on the phone to them they sent a software update across, hopefully it does the trick.

Last edited:
Tried it, iPlayer loads up the first time but then back to usual after that.

Edit: Been on the phone to them they sent a software update across, hopefully it does the trick.

Hope it sorts the issue for you , just tested the one I bought my son and his is the same since update
He wants me to ask you if you have any issue with the volume distorting when on fairly low , below 11 volume doesn't seem to change just distortion gets worse as you go lower

Hope it sorts the issue for you , just tested the one I bought my son and his is the same since update
He wants me to ask you if you have any issue with the volume distorting when on fairly low , below 11 volume doesn't seem to change just distortion gets worse as you go lower
I will have a check for you when I get home later.

My volume is working as normal on the lower numbers.
I can't test if the update fixes the other issue yet as the website with the download link is being very slow, so I can't download the firmware

My volume is working as normal on the lower numbers.
I can't test if the update fixes the other issue yet as the website with the download link is being very slow, so I can't download the firmware

Ok thanks for checking , how did the firmware update go

Ok thanks for checking , how did the firmware update go
The website they link you to was slow and buggy so I couldn't download it, so they are sending it via USB in the post this week. Will update you once I have done it.

Did you ever manage to resolve the iPlayer app issue? My loads the home page but when I click on anything to play I get audio but no visuals apart from pink lines across the screen

Did you ever manage to resolve the iPlayer app issue? My loads the home page but when I click on anything to play I get audio but no visuals apart from pink lines across the screen
Check out this thread where we talked about this issue

Check out this thread where we talked about this issue
Thanks for the pointer, But the resolution that I suggested on the thread won’t work as the current firmware won’t let me override it with an alternative software revision

Thanks for the pointer, But the resolution that I suggested on the thread won’t work as the current firmware won’t let me override it with an alternative software revision
Probably best to call hisense and get them to send you the latest on a USB stick , you may find it's newer than the one you have , they seem to sit on new versions for ages before they put them out ota

Probably best to call hisense and get them to send you the latest on a USB stick , you may find it's newer than the one you have , they seem to sit on new versions for ages before they put them out ota
Thanks for the suggestion. They did send out a USBout, it wouldn't overwrite the current software revision (i've previously done this without any problems) so they sent out an engineer who replaced the main board and speaker.

I still can't get the Iplayer App to work though

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom