5095 issues

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nitelife, Aug 11, 2004.

1. nitelife

nitelife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi guys,

I have a problem :rolleyes:

Ive had an LG 5095 for around 18 months, love it. It looks smart, and plays well.

Recently, I cut a DVD with a slideshow of pictures on it. It worked fine until a couple of days ago when it started skipping (its a +RW).

The other half removed it and gave it a quick wipe before trying it again, this time it wouldnt play at all; I simply put it down becoming faulty (it had been in the wife's hands after all! :devil: )

Later on that evening, I decided to watch a DVD. It wouldnt play! I tried another, and then another. None of my discs would work :confused:

This is what happens. As I press play, I can hear the DVD trying to recognise the disc. After around 30 seconds, it seems to spin like crazy (fast than ive heard it go before) and then stops. The disc is then ejected with a Disc Error message.

I bought a DVD head/laser cleaner, got it today, tried it - but it had no effect.

I looked for a way to get into any service menu's that might be available - couldnt find anything, I tried looking for anyone who might have had a similar problem - couldnt find anything. I tried searching for anything that may have been related to an LG5095 - couldnt find anything.

So... im here - and im hoping that someone could give me some suggestions on what to try before I do one of two things:

1> I get my hammer out
    2> I get my screwdriver out.

Its a beautiful machine, and I feel really bad because I havent had it that long - and havent used it that much.

Any suggestions? :lease:

2. nitelife

nitelife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    anyone? :(