508XD, PS3 Blu-ray = judder

atmorell

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I got a 508XD connected to a PS3. TV and games is very smooth and looks great. When I put on a Blu-ray disc, the movie judders/stutters. It get's really bad when the camera is panning. I tryied with 6 different Blu-ray movies and it's the same with all movies. If I open the service menu the screen reports that it is displaying 1080p/24p. This should be optimal.

508XD
Purecinema: Advanced
Drive mode: 3
All filters is off.

PS3
Resolution: 1080p
24Hz: on
firmware 2.35

Tried 3 different HDMI cables.

Any ideas?

Hello,

I got a 508XD connected to a PS3. TV and games is very smooth and looks great. When I put on a Blu-ray disc, the movie judders/stutters. It get's really bad when the camera is panning. I tryied with 6 different Blu-ray movies and it's the same with all movies. If I open the service menu the screen reports that it is displaying 1080p/24p. This should be optimal.

508XD
Purecinema: Advanced
Drive mode: 3
All filters is off.

PS3
Resolution: 1080p
24Hz: on
firmware 2.35

Tried 3 different HDMI cables.

Any ideas?

Hi atmorell. :)
This is strange :confused: as there should be no judder with this TV on Blu-ray playback via the PS3.
The PS3 is set to AUTO or ON for 1080p/24? :) also,you don't need Drive in 3,as the Pioneer auto-detects the 24fps signal and displays it @ 72Hz. :cool:
Do a test,play a movie..........but with Purecinema to OFF,and see if that makes any difference.
All the best.

This is strange :confused: as there should be no judder with this TV on Blu-ray playback via the PS3.
The PS3 is set to AUTO or ON for 1080p/24? :) also,you don't need Drive in 3,as the Pioneer auto-detects the 24fps signal and displays it @ 72Hz. :cool:
Do a test,play a movie..........but with Purecinema to OFF,and see if that makes any difference.
All the best.

PS3 24Hz playback is set to ON. So what driver mode should I select for Blu-ray? 1, 2 or 3? I will try a movie with Purecinema: OFF tonight. Hmmm I saw the exact same TV yesterday playing a Blu-ray movie from a Pioneer Blu-ray player and motion perfectly smooth :/ Could my PS3 be defect?

PS3 24Hz playback is set to ON. So what driver mode should I select for Blu-ray? 1, 2 or 3? I will try a movie with Purecinema: OFF tonight. Hmmm I saw the exact same TV yesterday playing a Blu-ray movie from a Pioneer Blu-ray player and motion perfectly smooth :/ Could my PS3 be defect?

Drive 1 :smashin: also,change the PS3 to AUTO for 24p...just in case there is a bug. :(
Your Pioneer reads 24Hz though,so the PS3 must be outputting correctly :confused: are you straight to the TV or through a receiver?
All the best.

are you straight to the TV or through a receiver?
All the best.

No reciever. The HDMI cable goes directly to the Pioneer TV, and is configured at INPUT4. I will check the other things when I come home later today.

No reciever. The HDMI cable goes directly to the Pioneer TV, and is configured at INPUT4. I will check the other things when I come home later today.

Ok mate :smashin: post back your findings later.

No difference. Movies still stutter/judder. Also tried with 1080i, 24Hz on and off. All purecinema settings.

I am totally lost :lease:

No difference. Movies still stutter/judder. Also tried with 1080i, 24Hz on and off. All purecinema settings.

I am totally lost :lease:

Tried turning on the PS3 first,before the Pioneer or vice versa? changing HDMI Inputs............via remote. :confused:

Tried turning on the PS3 first,before the Pioneer or vice versa? changing HDMI Inputs............via remote. :confused:

Thanks for answering again..

Tried that.. sorry no go. Motion still judders/stutters. I can't see any difference at all between 24Hz = auto and 24Hz = off. Hmmm that is strange :/ I guess the next step would be to test my PS3 at another TV.

Thanks for answering again..

Tried that.. sorry no go. Motion still judders/stutters. I can't see any difference at all between 24Hz = auto and 24Hz = off. Hmmm that is strange :/ I guess the next step would be to test my PS3 at another TV.

I was going to say.............does this happen with all dics? testing the PS3 on another TV that supports 24p might be difficult,no!

Try factory resetting the tv and the ps3,its a bit of a long shot but you never know it may work.

I already tried to reset the PS3 and the TV (Picture settings for PS3 input channel) How do I completely reset the 508XD to factory defaults?

I was going to say.............does this happen with all dics? testing the PS3 on another TV that supports 24p might be difficult,no!

One of the local stores got a 508XD in a snow room and they have allowed me to test my PS3 on their setup. Hmmm I could also try another PS3 on my TV.

One of the local stores got a 508XD in a snow room and they have allowed me to test my PS3 on their setup. Hmmm I could also try another PS3 on my TV.

Yeah,because you've got to find out where the issue lies :( PS3 or the Pioneer.
You feed the Pioneer 24fps and automatically it should display @ 72Hz,no matter what Drive or TV setting it's on,come to think of it. :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom