506xde

adiii

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a 506xde for 2 weeks now. When I first got it there was a pixel stuck on red, which Pioneer said was not a fault.(The manual says if it is visible from 2.5m contact your dealer). Luckily the store I bought it from agreed to replace it. I ran Nokia Monitor Test (free download-do a google) thru a laptop to check the pixels on the new one, and its 100%. Just to say I think the PQ is really excellent except from the odd weak sat channels. The only downside is that so much transmitted stuff still has bars at the top and bottom. My 37" 4:3 crt LOPT blew hence the new plasma, and I was expecting 16:9 broadcasts to be the norm now. As Im running it in Im zooming anything not full screen, and contrast is +10, brightness 0 and colour -10. A freaky thing happened after LOTR ended, as the final screen was on I stopped the dvd after maybe 10 seconds, but there was an after image of a shield left on the screen. After 20 mins it was still there, but when I changed to input1(sky) the afterimage wasnt there, but back on the component input it was. It was only after I powered the dvd player off for 10 mins that the image went.???
Anyway, this is just a recommendation for the 506xde and Hiway who I bought it from... And if anyone knows how to get into the hidden service menu I wouldnt mind a poke around in there too... :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting for delivery of my 506XDE. I'm glad you like the set. What's it like with sport, especially football? And what sort of viewing distance do you sit from the tv?

About 10 feet ish...Even the inbuilt freeview seems really clear at just 5 foot away. Just check for faulty pixels as they are not that visible under normal viewing, but once you do your eye will keep directing to it... Im not big on sport unless a big game is on, but looking at sky sports news the pic looks great from 10 ish feet away...

I was lucky and picked up a 505 XDE for under 2k on clearence. To be honest, I am made up with it. Calibrated from other users settings and it is great. made up with it.

I understand what people say about the blacks, but it is fine for me.

I was going to buy the 505 from Richer Sounds for 2K but the 506 was 2460 with a table stand and a scart & composite lead, so I got the newer one. I saw a reviewer saying side by side there wasnt much difference in PQ between the two. Seems now a 1920x1080 Pioneer 50" is soon coming...so see how long the 506 stays current...

where did u get 505 xde for 2k?

did it have speakers + stand?

adiii said:
I was going to buy the 505 from Richer Sounds for 2K but the 506 was 2460 with a table stand and a scart & composite lead, so I got the newer one. I saw a reviewer saying side by side there wasnt much difference in PQ between the two. Seems now a 1920x1080 Pioneer 50" is soon coming...so see how long the 506 stays current...

rs webbie says 3k for 505 xde

Where did you get a 506 XDE for 2460??

I wonder if he means the 436.

sorry...add 1,000 to that...was 3460...and 3000 from richer sounds...

In the comet ratings, the 506XDE scored 5 on picture,sound and features. Does anybody know where this review was taken from?

It was only showing on their site for about a day, Then they took it off. In the store where I purchased the set they had the ratings for it there. I've just seen on the Comet site that the ratings are from What video and widescreen TV mag.

dont you agree with the 5/5 rating?...also , can you see a difference with the 75/100Hz setting?

I haven't had the set delivered as yet :mad:

Kinda hard to tell till u plug it in... :rolleyes:
Theres a setting under options for "drive mode" 75 or 100hz...cant see a difference so set it for 100...

PDP-434HDE said:
where did u get 505 xde for 2k?

did it have speakers + stand?

Said on a earlier thread.

Curry's clearance at £2497 (505 XDE)

Only been on display for 5-6 weeks.
10% off for display
10% for taking a cancelable whatever happens warrenty at £11.99 PCM
5% for using Morgan stanley vouchers via CC.

So the 505 XDE for under 2k.

Oh also B-Tech 8500 wall bracket from Index Clearance a few months ago, from £129 - £23. I think it was 50% off plus a further 30% off as they where shutting down.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom