506xde & xbox 360

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by dicky-do, Mar 24, 2006.

1. dicky-do

dicky-do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i think im been a bit slow :clown:
    Im looking at the 506xde which to me looks grate and after looking at all your grate threads on the screen it seems to be the one for me.
    But then i had a look at the back of the box and i carnt see how im going to plug in my 360. Yes its got component( green, blue, red but what about the the other red,the white and yellow:confused:
    I know it has it on the fount but i dont realy what to have the flap down all the time.
    So how have you all got it pluged in? can i do it someother way, what is the best way to get the most out of her.
    Like i said im not looking at it right , and i now it's right in my face ,but please help.

2. JinBoy

JinBoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hello

I have the 436FDE and thought exactly the same thing. Just plug the red green and blue component connections into component sockets on Media box, and plug the rca red and white audio cables into the supplied scart connector (ignore the yellow cable). the scart connector then goes into one of the scart sockets for sound only. I cannot remember which one though but it will be in your manual. Also make sure you set the input channel on your plasma for component connection. Also set the xbox cable to hdtv setting. hope this helps

3. dicky-do

dicky-do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that JinBoy

As simple as that :thumbsup:

I was looking at it for over an hour, i just could not think,
    Thanks agine:clap: :clap:

4. alistaln

alistaln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Agreed. You could also use the HD cable and get digital sound if you wanted as well. Pioneer's advice is here.

This is now in the Pioneer Plasma FAQ as well.

5. dicky-do

dicky-do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks:smashin: that's grate advice on the link, thanks:thumbsup: