1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

506xde on show at comet:-)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cheetah69, Sep 16, 2005.

1. cheetah69

cheetah69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am no pro but it looks good to me next to a panny pv500 :)

just not sure if to go for the 43" or 50" (money or wife no prob) one or two meters away will it make us all feel :eek: :rotfl: :eek:

2. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    does it look a great deal better or only slightly???

3. gettingthefear

gettingthefear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i saw one in the flesh (so to speak) today for the first time and it looks awesome - makes my intended purchase (panny th42pv500) look small and insignificant in comparison. the black glass frame is classy as are the black speakers. picture quality through terestrial tv was damn fine though i will be going back on sunday to audition a few DVDs. all things being equal i may well end up buying the sucker. list price here in france is €6000 (just over £4000) although retailer is offering it at €5500 including speakers, pedestal stand, delivery, installation, set-up and two years guarantee. delivery time approx two weeks - enough time to decide whether to get a wall bracket or cabinet.

4. cheetah69

cheetah69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    going back today to have a 2nd look the 436XDE is £2799 including speakers, pedestal stand one week to delivery.

but i may give my money to www.av-sales.co.uk £2499 no stand or speakers but wall bracket is only £119 :)

will the 50" be to big ?? got the tape out to day i am 8ft away ?? :rolleyes:

5. peterpeter

peterpeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

do you have to buy the pedestal swing stand..or is there a flat foot stand anyway???

6. peterakastorm

peterakastorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a TH-42PWD8 a couple of days ago, and I'm 3 metres away... I thought it would be overwhelming big, but I must admit (and my girlfriend too!) that it is not at all too big...! So I think 50" will be a little big in the beginning, but then you get used to it ;)