506 xde Sky Sports Rugby

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by dali1020, Oct 15, 2005.

1. dali1020

dali1020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone watching the grand final on a pio 506, would like to hear what the pic is like ?

2. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PQ on wigan v Newcastle was amazing, filmed in Hidef, then downrated on $ky prem plus.

Result was a travesty........

3. Majid Khan

Majid Khan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's interesting.. I also noticed the picture quality on the rugby was breathtakingly good today - and that's watching it my CRT (Sony 32").

Not that I'm a rugby fan but I was flicking through the channels on Sky Sports and there was just something about the picture quality that caught my attention.... it had a 'glossy' look and feel to it.

I see , so it seems the rugby was filmed in HD and then downscaled - would this mean Sky are now testing out their new HD equipment prior to launch?

The other interesting thing is does this mean that football matches on Sky Sports in future will have much better picture quality (ie, HD downscaled) even on an old CRT ?

4. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely.

its been filmed this way since the charity shield game, pq on my Panny 36" was out of this world,why did i buy a plasma or two :confused:

Must put the panny crt on the for sale page to make space, i will cry :(