• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

506 xde Sky Sports Rugby

A

av2diefor

PQ on wigan v Newcastle was amazing, filmed in Hidef, then downrated on $ky prem plus.

Result was a travesty........

M

Majid Khan

That's interesting.. I also noticed the picture quality on the rugby was breathtakingly good today - and that's watching it my CRT (Sony 32").

Not that I'm a rugby fan but I was flicking through the channels on Sky Sports and there was just something about the picture quality that caught my attention.... it had a 'glossy' look and feel to it.

I see , so it seems the rugby was filmed in HD and then downscaled - would this mean Sky are now testing out their new HD equipment prior to launch?

The other interesting thing is does this mean that football matches on Sky Sports in future will have much better picture quality (ie, HD downscaled) even on an old CRT ?

A

av2diefor

Absolutely.

its been filmed this way since the charity shield game, pq on my Panny 36" was out of this world,why did i buy a plasma or two :confused:

Must put the panny crt on the for sale page to make space, i will cry :(

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom