506 hdmi audio problem, Warning Rant!

Covey09

Standard Member
Ok im a noob but i think i did this correctly. I hooked up my dvd player to the amp via a HDMI cable, selected the correct HDMI input on the amp, then played my dvd only to find that there was no sound form my speakers and it was only coming for the tv. Surely this cant be true even is the manual says so

"On the TX-SR506, HDMI audio is passed through the AV reviewer and can only be heard from your TV"

Like what is the point of that? It was the only reason i bought was for it. Im like what is the point in running the HDMI Cable through it at all. You will still have to buy a another cable to get the signal back out of the unit, im a simpleton or is this not the most stupid idea on the face of our AV planet. Seriously I would like to creel the engineer who thought that was a good idea. Someone point me in his direction cause i want to give him the ultimate HD experience of a right thumbing.

Rant over

chic

Distinguished Member
Ok im a noob but i think i did this correctly. I hooked up my dvd player to the amp via a HDMI cable, selected the correct HDMI input on the amp, then played my dvd only to find that there was no sound form my speakers and it was only coming for the tv. Surely this cant be true even is the manual says so

"On the TX-SR506, HDMI audio is passed through the AV reviewer and can only be heard from your TV"

Like what is the point of that? It was the only reason i bought was for it. Im like what is the point in running the HDMI Cable through it at all. You will still have to buy a another cable to get the signal back out of the unit, im a simpleton or is this not the most stupid idea on the face of our AV planet. Seriously I would like to creel the engineer who thought that was a good idea. Someone point me in his direction cause i want to give him the ultimate HD experience of a right thumbing.

Rant over

Yes the 506 is hdmi pass through only, if you want audio you need to run an optical cable or coax digital cable from your dvd to your amp.

addicknchips

Standard Member
i feel your pain.,

all i want to do is have the the blu-ray player and the tv player giving 5.1 sound without having to go behind the system and **** about with component cables....:thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom