1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

505XDE vs 506XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by thebdj, Oct 27, 2005.

1. thebdj

thebdj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Apologies to anyone who is going to read this and think the answers are obvious but I am just not clued up on plasmas and I am reluctant to part with a few thousand pounds without being happy in my knowledge!

Basically I am looking at the 506XDE. My question is about the 505XDE as well. Presumably the 506 is the next model up but doesn't it run at 50Hz compared to the 100Hz of the 505? And how relevant is this when picking a Plasma? I ask as well because I am really looking forward to playing computer/video games through this TV and I know in the past especially with the CRTs that having a TV that is more than 50Hz has been almost imperative. Some games run at 60Hz and look a million times better and run faster than when played at 50Hz.

Please give me some advice as I want to order one of these bad boys and get watching and playing :)

Thanks
    Justin

2. mremulator

mremulator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    You can actually select "75Hz" or "100Hz" under "Drive Control" in "Option". In addition, if you use Pure Cinema "Adv" for NTSC sources it changes the refresh rate to 72Hz. 100Hz is the best setting for regular TV/Sky and 75Hz for component/HDMI sources.