1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

505XDE Burn

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by red1703, Feb 25, 2005.

1. red1703

red1703
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have justtaken delivery of a new Pioneer 505XDE which is absolutely superb, but i am a little concernced at how quickly there seems to be 'burn' apprearing on the screen. does anyone have any advice on how to rectify this problem or does it sound like a fault.

The burn in is appearing after having the same channel (ie. Sky News) on for only about 5-10 mins!

Any advice appreciated

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't panic - this is just an after image - if will fade, you may also see it from having the sky menus displayed also.

Have you adjusted brightness/contrast yet? do a search for '200 hours' in the Plasma forums for more info on running in the plasma for the first 200 hours or so.

Screen burn tends to happen after having the same static image for hours rather than minutes, and Sky news happens to be one of the worst for onscreen logo intensity (or the 24hrs news channel does anyway)

Gary

3. dave0523

dave0523
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It will get less noticeable after 2-300hrs running time, I'm sure.

Nice screen, btw! :clap:

4. the klang

the klang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    iv got a pdp-502 mxe pioneer plasma.there is one input mode to prevent screen burn,i didn't find this out until i started an investigation as to why i now have CBBTV in one corner and a red dot,press now in the other corner.rang pioneer up and spoke to them about it and they said it was skys fault for transmitting the screen logos in what he called a base colour.then rang sky up and they said not any more they don't.not all of us get a happy ending.so after all my sob story the moral of the story is always read the instuction manual. :suicide: