1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

505 XDE - get speakers or not?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Angelis, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Angelis

Angelis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting the 505 XDE tomorrow.

Should I get the optional Pioneer speakers?

If yes, is there a difference between the ones that go on the side and the ones that go at the bottom of the screen?

If No, can I just buy separate speakers and plug them into the Plasma? I believe the plasma has a built in amplifier. (Although I don't really want to have 4 speakers in every corner due to excess noise).

2. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    The Silver ones can be mounted either at the size or above, all pieces to achieve this are included.

The Black ones (dearer & swivelling), I have no idea.

You could of course buy alternative speakers and use them but you'd be better off with an AV-AMP and external speakers.

I have the Pio speakers for my 434. (Not bad BTW) and use them as the centre speakers of my 5.1 setup.

3. cashlessbond

cashlessbond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Do you have any other equipment ie AV Amp/Spkrs if yes, then I wouldn't bother with the extra expense of Pio speakers. I have a 505 and run it through my Sony amp and mission speakers. Before I got it I thought about the speakers 'did I really want to watch UK gold with my AV system switched on' but I find it fine using my amp with all my TV (just switch my sub off) besides I quite like the look of the Panel without the speakers, it looks better on my chimney breast without them. So it depends on where you are going to put it as well, after all it is quite wide enough without those speakers on the side

4. Angelis

Angelis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have anything at all.

Probably looks like I'll stick with the pioneer attachable ones.

Thanks for the help.

5. jrturbo

jrturbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there guys

I have a similar question, I have just ordered a 435 XDE and was thinking about purchasing the optional speakers, so my other half doesnt get frustated with the AV amp and selecting the right input source etc,

has anyone heard the both optional speakers? , i under stand the silver ones a re slightly smaller and are suitable for fitment under the screen or at either side and the black ones are slightly larger and match the sides of plasma and can be swivelled

Regards

Joe Rubido