1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

504 and clock....and tivo

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stonedog, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Stonedog

Stonedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had my 504 for a couple of weeks now (wall mounted and wires buried since saturday :clap: ) and im really pleased with it but.....
    everytime i turn it on it asks for the clock to be set up..damn annoying :mad:
    ive given up setting it anymore and instead just press the home-menu button to get rid of it
    how can i fix it anyone know? read a while back there was an issue with it and certain media boxes but thought it musta been sorted by now...sticker on back of media box says it was manufactured in June 04..
    havent got a terrestial ariel so ive just got my digibox connected via my tivo..
    any ideas??

btw any other tivo owners out there can tell me how to connect a pio dvd/hd burner up to it? just wanna use it in place of my old vcr so i can back up recordings from my tivo onto disk but i cant seem to get the burner to work...
    my vcr just used to be scart connected into the vcr socket on back of tivo and that was it but its a no go with the pio 420...

thanks

mark

2. Quinny

Quinny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stonedog,

I seem to remember reading in the manual that the Pio looks at the RF signal for the clock information and seeing as you haven't got that connected the unit asks you to enter it manually. Have you entered the clock and date info when prompted or have you simply 'backed up'?

I get the same message if there has been a power cut. I press back up and it sets again from the RF signal. Is there any chance of connecting an aerial? If not i'm not sure if you can sort this out. I would have thought that the Plasma should have kept the manually entered time.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I think they must look it up every time they are turned on, the ones I've sold have this trouble too. No memory of the time, it's a known software glitch. No cure as far as I'm aware, except for connecting the aeriel.