503 HDE media box replacement? Help please.

Whiff

Standard Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate anyone's help/opinions on this please.
I have a 5yr old Pioneer 503 HDE Plasma and media box with Yamaha processor etc).
The box has now developed a intermittant power dropping out fault and we have been unable to track the problem down (usually a dry joint). Would it be a good idea to go to Iscan HD+ with the 503 HDE? ie is it even compatible.
The plasma works well and I plan to go to 80" when funds permit so could an Iscan be a solution to the media box problem and a stepping stone for the 80" unit?
Thanks in anticipation.

Whiff.:confused:

The 503 works great with an Iscan HD+ and allows the plasma to provide high defination.Make sure you get the iscan HD+ and not the HD.When sky HD came out i replaced the tuner box with a an iscan and have been pleased with it ever since. The iscan deals with any HDCP issues.Hope this helps, Mike.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the post but I am even more confused now! Over the weekend I approached 2 dealers with a view to buying an iscan hd+ but both said it would not work as a replacement to the tuner box as both units signaled each other and checked for a return signal.
Have you completely got rid of your R03E tuner box i.e. it is no longer part of the system the as hd+ drives the plasma?Thanks for your time.

Whiff

I'm not sure if it will work but I have just replaced my HD+ with another scaler. If you are local to SE London / Bexleyheath Kent, you could borrow mine and check that it works first.

Best

Simon

Hi, I can definatley confirm the i scan hd + works great with 503. And also displays HD. i can also confirm i have th original tuner box. Regards, Mike.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom