• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

500 or 600M

Thefatlobster

Standard Member
Hi guys

Bit of help would be great!

We will be sitting around 10 - 11 feet away from the screen.

Do you think a 60 inch will be too big (considering it is almost double the money!) But with 50 inch will I even be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p?

It's going above a big fireplace and will be about 6 feet off the ground and tilted down slightly

How far are you guys from you tv's?

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Hi guys

Bit of help would be great!

We will be sitting around 10 - 11 feet away from the screen.

Do you think a 60 inch will be too big (considering it is almost double the money!) But with 50 inch will I even be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p?

It's going above a big fireplace and will be about 6 feet off the ground and tilted down slightly

How far are you guys from you tv's?

I really really would not put a plasma above a fireplace. At your distance, around 800mm off the ground is ideal. most installers recommend between 700 and 900 mm. you'd be at 1800 odd ! please re-consider or try and find an alternative. i personally love big screens, but a 60 at 8 feet is bloody overkill in my book. I'd save the money and get the 50, it depends if you want it to dominate your room or not. It sounds like this is your lounge too. I'm sure KF has his 60 in a separate room, so his situation is different. Get the measuremant and make a template of both, tape them to the wall and see which one looks best in your room.
Another note is , if you're paying 4k for a screen of 60 inches, why not think about a projector, you'd have over a 100 then ! Good luck, i hope i've helped. Oz.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom