Question 500£ best tv uk

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by fender62, Aug 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. fender62

fender62
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im looking for a new tv and i have a budget of £500, id prefer a samsung 55 or just under that size
    what would you recommend, i should go for a sony if push came to shove, 4k would be ideal.

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,409
    Samsung 55M5520 55 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview Smart WiFi LED TV | eBay is probably the best one that fits your criteria right now.

If you go for UHD models less than £500 you start to get into questionable territory. Probably the cheapest Hisense models would be best if you want to take more of a gamble here. Something like the 55N5500 or 55N5700.

My best value TVs, 2017 Edition if you wait for a good deal you may be able get the Hisense 55U7A (not 50") TV at below £500. I would recommend waiting for this as its a much better TV.

3. Retro Hedgehog

Retro Hedgehog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I find going into John Lewis and seeing the TVs side by side really useful. I was looking at TVs just after Christmas and liked the Samsung ue49mu6400. This is 49" and can be had for £450-530, which is as big as I would want but they also do a 55" model. I thought this had an excellent picture quality for the price.

The Samsung and LG models usually have the catch up apps, Netflix, NowTV installed so you don't have to have a separate box, which was a selling point for me.

P.s. Both John Lewis and Costco have 5 year guarantees on their TVs I believe.

4. fender62

fender62
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i decided on the Samsung ue49mu6400 from john lewis in the end, best bang for buck tv that i can afford

5. Retro Hedgehog

Retro Hedgehog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Good decision :)