50" tv on glass stand advise

joe-turbo

Established Member
Reaction score
HI all, I have recently moved in with the gf. she currently has a 32" LCD on 3 tier glass unit. My question is would my 50" Panasonic plasma v10 be safe on the stand ? Her current tv on stand below

9dde8f78.jpg

My money says yes, no problem :smashin:

Especially if the top shelf is 10mm glass, which my (almost identical, except bigger) stand is.

If it is 10mm, I'd say it's actually stronger than mine in effect, because of the smaller surface area.

But it will look a little small.

I have my panasonic 50" on 10mm glass, 1m length, 50 cm width (optimum stand) and its fine

Also dont just think size but weight. Yours could be bigger but lighter as thinner and lighter smaller components used.

As long as the stand fits on there properly and you get the tv centralised o distribute weight evenly then it should be fine.

The gf has told me she got the unit from Argos, have looked it up. max weight it can hold 75kg. I have googled 50" plasmas and looks like they are around 25-30kg so weight not an issue. Will be fine on there for now

I have the same issue with a Pioneer 42 inch Plasma
That bugger weighs a lot ! I really need to know 10mm glass will hold etc !

Have a look at the stand

the top glass panel on mine is prob twice as thick as the middle and bottom shelf.

Here's my 50" on the stand.

image-387710601.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom