50" TV on a budget

szcz3p

Standard Member
I have recently moved to a new flat and need a new TV. I was planning to go all out and buy a 1080p projector and screen but it being a rented accommodation I'm not allowed to drill any holes etc. So after a lot of deliberation I decided to get a 50" tv.

As far as I can tell the only new set at this price is a Panny 50x60 at currys which is apparently a great 720p set.

My question is can I do a lot better going the 'used Tv' way.

Any suggestions??

MIW245

Personally I don't think less money means you get any less of a television! I think if you do your research and pick correctly then you can end up with a fantastic television at a very reasonable price point.

Check THIS LG out. Its very reasonably priced in my opinion and great features including FreeView HD & SMART TV etc.

szcz3p

Standard Member
I don't really care about smart features as I already have Chromecast, Wd tv live and xbox for that. And I really don't want to stretch past £400 budget. I don't mind getting a used tv. I considered a Kuro 508xd advertised(calibrated and all) but it being 6 years old is a bit of a worry. I also considered LG 50PK590, LG 50PK350, Samsung PS51F5500 (but can't seem to find a used one anywhere) and Panny G series. It has to be min 50" min though.

jesus123

Novice Member
honestly going used might not be a bad shout if you can bag a 508 pioneer; no offence to the x60 but the 508xd even today gives you on of the best SD pictures and the black levels are still better then most tv out :).

mzirayuk

Novice Member
am in similar situation as u OP, its not easy picking plasma TV for 400 bucks or less.as the choice is often lower tier newer model or legendary older models.

i can get the 50X60B for 350,but then again there is the ST30 for 300.its almost painful how hard the decision is.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom