50% Soundbar (TAB8805/10) when you have bought a new Philips TV

malctAN

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken advantage off Philips 50% off a sound bar and is it worthwhile doing

I recently bought a 936 with the B&W sound bar but i wasn't happy with the sound quality and opted to exchange for the 856 with the intention of going back to my 5.1 set up.
I do listen to a lot of music either DVD or Via Youtube, So i am looking at connecting the TV up to the amp Via Headphone socket using a Jack to Phone lead and if i am watching a film, I can use my 5.1 set up

Today i realise that i could take advantage of the philips 50% cash back offer on speaker set ups and the Soundbar TAB8805/10 seems to be a decent price Via Richer sounds with the cash back, It could work out at £150 which is cheap since Currys are selling them for £400.

Are these sound bars worth it ? and any reviews.

I have posted in the Philips TV area just in case others have taken up the offer

I got one for my 806. Also got it for £150, 300 less 50% cash back and it’s a bargain. Excellent quality sound more than happy with it.

Will order one today, it is a good deal

Just ordered one myself after the recommendation. Anyone how long it takes to get the money back from Philips?

Did you take out the 6 year warranty? Pay £30 And claim it back in 6 year's, ... I don't normally bother with warranty's

Did you take out the 6 year warranty? Pay £30 And claim it back in 6 year's, ... I don't normally bother with warranty's
No. It was offered, but I know in 6 years I won't remember and for that money (£150), I'll just buy again.

My TV doesn't qualify for the sound bar thing but I do qualify for 12 movie downloads from a paramount pictures promotion that Philips are running at the moment.

Just seen that this has mounting brackets, But i will need to make some alterations the the stand that i am using

Last edited:
Yes, Just read up on it, Need to do some DIY to make it look like its hanging from the TV

Ordered the sound bar on Friday, Still not sure if i will use it or not, If not , I will sell it on.

Since setting up the TV to the Amp, I am getting great sound when listening to music and Youtube, But at £150 and currys selling for £399, Its got to be bought. This is a good deal

Keep your eyes out for a cheap sound bar early next year tony cosgrove

I have TAB8805. Good sound but it have some bugs with eARC but that is prob the TVs firmware. Philips tv...

I have the OLED856, TA8805 - can anyone recommend some rear/surround speakers to go with this please?

Are you looking for wired speaker's Andy, I am interested on peoples views and how to get the best sound without using a receiver and a 5.1 set up

I have TAB8805. Good sound but it have some bugs with eARC but that is prob the TVs firmware. Philips tv...
Same issue here.

I got this bar on the same deal but haven't really tested it. Missed the return window but for £150 I'm sure I can use or sell it somewhere.

Still waiting for my sound bar to be delivered, Supposed to be Mid December.

However , I have the TV connected to my Rotal amp and using a pair of Q Acoustics 3050i Floorstanding Speaker's and they sound great

So good change i will be selling a unopened Soundbar, Just concerned that if the sound bar doesn't arrive by the end of the year, i might not get the 50% promotion since they need a serial number

Does anyone else get a constant flashing orange light on this bar?
When it's pairing it's supposed to blink rapidly which is fine, but after that mine pulses relentlessly about once per second as we watch stuff (even if we dim the menu display) and I can't find out what it means, or if it's normal?

Hi
I have got my sound bar , But its not connecting to the Sub with a continue flashing orange light on the sound bar

Can anyone help me on this
I have pressed the button on the bar of the sound bar which then makes the light flash for a few minutes, But it doesn't connect to the sound bar , I have also pressed the reset button on the sound bar for 5 seconds until it bleeps and the lights on the sub and the sound bar continue to flash and after a minute the sound bar makes a another bleep

I am using a fiber optic cable from the TV to the soundbar.

While trying to connect the sub , I had no other cables connected apart from the mains.

The instructions are not the best and lack of info on the internet or youtube

Thank you for any help

Anyone know how you're supposed to get the damn thing on your WiFi? It has Chromecast and Airplay built-in but the instructions I have say "put your phone on the same WiFi as your speaker"... well the speaker isn't on the WiFi yet and there's no obvious way to do it. I have Chromecast devices already and they just worked...

Regards my issue, Philips have told me to get a replacement from richer sounds, the orange light stays on the sub but I have a slow flashing orange light on the sound bar. Can someone confirm that this is not normal since I have a solid light on the sub. Regards WiFi, I have yet to get that far

In my use, the slow flashing orange light - about once a second, like a slow pulse - means it's working. I don't know how someone was allowed to make the decision that having a flashing light directly next to your TV while you watch was a good idea, but it seems they were.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom