50% Soundbar (TAB8805/10) when you have bought a new Philips TV

I moved mine to my home gym as I didn't like it in the TV room - and it was so cheap with the cashback.
Next issue, it's now SO LOUD. As in, on volume level 3 it's almost too loud. On the other TV we had it on 15.

So that's normal to have the slow flashing light, I had read that it was supposed to go a solid white,
Might put some tape over that part , it is off putting watching that light

Far as I can tell unless we have the same issue. Only white light I get is a dim white on standby!

I have asked the question regards the flashing like in the sound bar forum

to sort out the flashing light , follow these instructions

I returned it i paid on black Friday 240$ and still returned it. The soundbar on the 935 OLED is hands down much better. The 936 OLEDs B&W is even more good sounding.

Basically whydid I buy the TAB 8005 i wanted to do sourround. B&W front and TAB8005 placed back. Sounds good, didnt work. The Tab8005 just killed the surround atmos sound of the B&W OLED935 Bar.

The Tab 8005 sounded a lot worse when muted the integrated B&W soundbar. Definately overpriced. Trust me.

Get yourself a yamaha YSP preferably the higher Models if you are not on oled.

I also bought and returned the Sharpbar. I love the brand but a bad and overoriced product is still a bad and overpriced product. No matter how good the AVforums reviews was.

SHARP HT-SBW800 5.1.2​

soundbar that one was so bad. Sound sounded so much veiled more worse than the philips standalone. It hurt in the ears. Even less adjustment setting than on Philips. Bass was overpowering. Had it connected to a Q90T kept the yamaha YSP5600 instead was a secondhand deal for 450$ a much better deal. Trust me.

If you appreciate bowers @ Wilkins sound stay away from that Sharp HT SBW800 5.1.2 sound was stuck inside the speakerbar no sense of invisible hifi sound. You could always pinpoint the sound and tell which loudspeaker was playing. The Yamaha YSp 5600 is a different story.

Altough i cant make it play simultaneously with the 935 soundbar. I think the secondhand deal was good enough have it connected to the Q90T

Last edited:
Eventually got my 8805 after many issues buying it.

However, after setting it up on my 65oled856, I have to say, I think the main TV speakers give a better quality depth and sound than the soundbar which, irrespective if I change the 'mode' still comes out poor/tinny etc. Anyone else have similar thoughts?

It was a pig to set up and connect I have to say but all connected and wifi connected and HDMI E-arc connected.

Has anyone added TAW6205 speakers to make it surround system with much success?

Eventually got my 8805 after many issues buying it.

However, after setting it up on my 65oled856, I have to say, I think the main TV speakers give a better quality depth and sound than the soundbar which, irrespective if I change the 'mode' still comes out poor/tinny etc. Anyone else have similar thoughts?

It was a pig to set up and connect I have to say but all connected and wifi connected and HDMI E-arc connected.

Has anyone added TAW6205 speakers to make it surround system with much success?
I have to agree, it's a pig to set up and I have still have to finish setting it up connecting up the TV hdmi to sound bar, at the moment I am on fibre optic.
I ended up paying ÂŁ150 for it after buying it in the black Friday sale and the 50% off offer from Philips, on a plus , the blue tooth features are good listening from my phone.

I have to agree, it's a pig to set up and I have still have to finish setting it up connecting up the TV hdmi to sound bar, at the moment I am on fibre optic.
I ended up paying ÂŁ150 for it after buying it in the black Friday sale and the 50% off offer from Philips, on a plus , the blue tooth features are good listening from my phone.

What do you think about the quality of sound from it?

Not great at the moment, But i need to get it set up correctly

So it's not just me then. I read lots of reviews with people saying how good the sound quality was, but to me it just sounds like a cheap and cheerful soundbar. Maybe I need to recheck the equaliser or settings.

Once i have everything set up, I will sort out the balance, Do you have all the Philips apps downloaded.
I have 3 apps , the DTS Play Fi, The Philips App thats the same plus the one for setting the sounds. What i could do with , Is a good free music streaming app, I do have deezer that plays direct Via Blue Tooth, But i only get 30 second clips Via the 2 apps above

Once i have everything set up, I will sort out the balance, Do you have all the Philips apps downloaded.
I have 3 apps , the DTS Play Fi, The Philips App thats the same plus the one for setting the sounds. What i could do with , Is a good free music streaming app, I do have deezer that plays direct Via Blue Tooth, But i only get 30 second clips Via the 2 apps above
Yeah I have the apps. Which one specifically changes the settings on the soundbar?

I haven't tried it via Spotify etc - will give that a go tonight.

I returned it i paid on black Friday 240$ and still returned it. The soundbar on the 935 OLED is hands down much better. The 936 OLEDs B&W is even more good sounding.

Basically whydid I buy the TAB 8005 i wanted to do sourround. B&W front and TAB8005 placed back. Sounds good, didnt work. The Tab8005 just killed the surround atmos sound of the B&W OLED935 Bar.

The Tab 8005 sounded a lot worse when muted the integrated B&W soundbar. Definately overpriced. Trust me.

Get yourself a yamaha YSP preferably the higher Models if you are not on oled.

I also bought and returned the Sharpbar. I love the brand but a bad and overoriced product is still a bad and overpriced product. No matter how good the AVforums reviews was.

SHARP HT-SBW800 5.1.2​

soundbar that one was so bad. Sound sounded so much veiled more worse than the philips standalone. It hurt in the ears. Even less adjustment setting than on Philips. Bass was overpowering. Had it connected to a Q90T kept the yamaha YSP5600 instead was a secondhand deal for 450$ a much better deal. Trust me.

If you appreciate bowers @ Wilkins sound stay away from that Sharp HT SBW800 5.1.2 sound was stuck inside the speakerbar no sense of invisible hifi sound. You could always pinpoint the sound and tell which loudspeaker was playing. The Yamaha YSp 5600 is a different story.

Altough i cant make it play simultaneously with the 935 soundbar. I think the secondhand deal was good enough have it connected to the Q90T
Yep, have to admit I picked up the YSP - 1600 and even without the Atmos function on it annoyingly the end of line or second hand Yamaha YSP around this vintage are an absolute bargain.

Not great at the moment, But i need to get it set up correctly
Any luck improving your setup? I'm struggling to get it setup in a manner where I'm happy with the sound. I'd appreciate any input on improving things, maybe someone elses settings would give me a starting point to fine tune my own TAB8805. I have to say I'm underwhelmed with the 'atmos' effect, or lack of it in my case.

I have to say, I am not impressed with the sound and I have tried different settings but no improvement, maybe it's just the soundbar and it's overpriced for what it is.

I have to say, I am not impressed with the sound and I have tried different settings but no improvement, maybe it's just the soundbar and it's overpriced for what it is.
Same here. I regret putting my money into this particular soundbar.

Same here. I regret putting my money into this particular soundbar.
On a plus, I bought mine in Richer sounds black Friday sale for ÂŁ300 and I got 50% cash back from Philips, I might sell it on eBay and try and buy something better, issue is, sound bar's are nothing like a proper 5.1 set up. I tried the Philips 936 and it was no better, so managed to exchange the TV for the 856

Using the PS app it improves the sound no end, however, I find that after a while it stays on the same setting I set it at (movie in this case) but after I had tweaked the bass and treble, it reverts back to standard movie setting - is there a way to save the setting?

Using the PS app it improves the sound no end, however, I find that after a while it stays on the same setting I set it at (movie in this case) but after I had tweaked the bass and treble, it reverts back to standard movie setting - is there a way to save the setting?
I haven't noticed that yet. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.
I'm on Movie with surround on. Sub -4, bass +2, treble +4, centre 0.
Had hoped others could have shared their settings. ARC doesn't produce any sound for me so I'm using optical for my extra devices. HDMI1/2 both in use for Atmos devices. Atmos effects I find to be useless on the soundbar.

*** I was sure I had to submit with 30-90 days and came to do it today, only to see it was 30-60 days and I am a week late.

I only bought the darn thing for the deal and now I seem to be screwed. I cannot see Philips rushing to make an exception and I can't imagine Richer Sounds have any sway.

After a few months I now seem to have everything sound wise running well and sounding okay but I have an issue which is bugging the hell out of me and wondered if anyone can help.

If I turn the sound down to zero or mute, after about 10 minutes the soundbar goes into standby mode and switches back to tv speakers - I then have to go to frequent settings and sound to switch it back or get the soundbar remote and power it back on. It seems that as long as it has sound it works fine, anything else and it goes to standby. I’ve looked through the manual and whilst it mentions auto-standby, it doesn’t show how to turn it off. Any ideas? I’ve googled it and saw that (different model) it says press and hold power and volume down for 10 seconds but that didn’t work for me.

I still need to get my sound bar sorted out, The wife nags if i have it to loud.

I have now got it set up with my HIFI after selling my 5.1 speaker set up.

Anyone found a resolution to stopping the soundbar turning off after no sound detected for a short time? Does my nut in!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom