50" Plasma

ruch182

Standard Member
Reaction score
OK, I've managed to increase my budget, but not by very much. I have £1400 max to spend on a 50" 1080p full hdtv. At the moment I'm looking at the panasonic pz70 which looks pretty good, but I was wondering if there were any other good tv's that I should look out for. The deal that I've got at the moment for the panasonic is £1400 with 5 years warranty. Can anyone find me a better deal (with warranty) or suggest a different tv that may be cheaper? I'm PMing at john lewis at the moment but I doubt they're going to pm with Bennetts, so at the moment £1400 is the cheapest I've got... Any help?

Sorry, just read up on the t&c of the free warranty and this model isn't included.
Really sorry about that :(

I'm PMing at john lewis at the moment but I doubt they're going to pm with Bennetts, so at the moment £1400 is the cheapest I've got... Any help?

Just out of curiosity, why do you doubt John Lewis price matching Bennetts?

Just out of curiosity, why do you doubt John Lewis price matching Bennetts?

I think they told me that they only price matched with stores as opposed to retail outlets, which is ridiculous cos an outlet also sells goods. John Lewis just false advertise you and con you with their price matching rubbish.

I think they told me that they only price matched with stores as opposed to retail outlets, which is ridiculous cos an outlet also sells goods. John Lewis just false advertise you and con you with their price matching rubbish.

The reason I asked was because I'm waiting for John Lewis to get back to me on a price match for the 50PZ70 with Bennetts. When I passed the details to customer services the lady seemed pretty confident that I'd ticked all the right boxes. It's been over a week, and when I telephoned customer services a couple of days ago they said they'd email the relevent team for an update. An hour later I got a call back explaining they'd asked a John Lewis store local to a Bennetts store to go in and check the TV was on display at the quoted price and in-stock ready to take away.

EDIT: Duhh:rolleyes:! I just realised I'm replying to the same person with the same info in two seperate threads - thought it was someone else :oops: :D

The reason I asked was because I'm waiting for John Lewis to get back to me on a price match for the 50PZ70 with Bennetts. When I passed the details to customer services the lady seemed pretty confident that I'd ticked all the right boxes. It's been over a week, and when I telephoned customer services a couple of days ago they said they'd email the relevent team for an update. An hour later I got a call back explaining they'd asked a John Lewis store local to a Bennetts store to go in and check the TV was on display at the quoted price and in-stock ready to take away.

EDIT: Duhh:rolleyes:! I just realised I'm replying to the same person with the same info in two seperate threads - thought it was someone else :oops: :D

lol yeh just realised that as well....no worries! I'm just hopeful we both get the pm, or one of us, so we can show jl our references....they said they'd get back to me on monday...I honestly want to get the tv by friday cos I'm coming back from uni that weekend (i'm arranging price etc for parents) and wanna try out my new gta :)

Any other suggestions or should I stick with the panny then? The newer versions are outa my price range tbh.

OK, I've managed to increase my budget, but not by very much. I have £1400 max to spend on a 50" 1080p full hdtv. At the moment I'm looking at the panasonic pz70 which looks pretty good, but I was wondering if there were any other good tv's that I should look out for. The deal that I've got at the moment for the panasonic is £1400 with 5 years warranty. Can anyone find me a better deal (with warranty) or suggest a different tv that may be cheaper? I'm PMing at john lewis at the moment but I doubt they're going to pm with Bennetts, so at the moment £1400 is the cheapest I've got... Any help?

Depends where you are in the UK but I have just spoken to Lakes (http://www.lakestv.co.uk/information.php?cda=static&cst=contactus) & they have a few 50PZ70 left & I got a price of £1260 with a 5 year warranty, they are a retail store but the stickered price was £1499 (so I don't think it will work price matching JL against them) and they offered me the £1260 with me making no effort to beat them down at all, probably because the 50PZ80 is out next month.

Depends where you are in the UK but I have just spoken to Lakes (http://www.lakestv.co.uk/information.php?cda=static&cst=contactus) & they have a few 50PZ70 left & I got a price of £1260 with a 5 year warranty, they are a retail store but the stickered price was £1499 (so I don't think it will work price matching JL against them) and they offered me the £1260 with me making no effort to beat them down at all, probably because the 50PZ80 is out next month.
I forgot to say that I got this price from the manager at the Bracknell branch to save any confusion, I think I'm going to wait for the 50PZ80 myself

Awesome, got JL to PM for £1150 with 5 years warranty :D Decent price.

Well done :smashin:

I'm still waiting for JL to get back to me on the price match with Bennetts.

Which shop did you get JL to price match?

Wait what am I talkin about 1150, sorry 1200, yeh and it was with Bennetts, so hopefully they should PM you as well. I dunno why I had 1150 in my head :confused:

I called JL today to chase the PM and they confirmed it. Should be ready to pick up on Friday.

Could have waited for the PZ80, but I just prefer the look fo the PZ70 :thumbsup:

I called JL today to chase the PM and they confirmed it. Should be ready to pick up on Friday.

Could have waited for the PZ80, but I just prefer the look fo the PZ70 :thumbsup:

Nice man, for £1198 as well?

No, I didn't get such a good deal :mad:

I had to pay £1198.38 :D

Are you still going for the panny or have you seen something else?

Just need a decent stand/cabinet now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom