Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

50" Plasma Opinions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by johndonovan, Jan 9, 2003.

1. johndonovan

johndonovan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If this has been convered in detail before, please forgive me.

I am going to buy a 50" in the next few weeks. I seemed to be heading for a Panasonic but I have now read about the Fujitsu PDS-5004 which has had good reviews from individuals on these forums.

I will be running (probably) an iSCAN Ultra into the panel, so I am not concerned with the internal scalar capability.

Am I become overly concerned about nuance or is there really a massive PQ difference between the Panasonic, Pioneer, Fujitsu or anything else in the 50" market? I seem to be drowning in detail on this forum and I am going backwards rather than forward!!

I will be viewing from about 12'-14' depending on whether the kids have banged into the sofa all day.

"Real world" experiences/comments welcome

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi John,

You might like to hold off a purchase of the 5004 for the moment as a new model will be out shortly (model number P50XHA10 in the US). If you search on the US www.avsforum.com site you will find quite a lot of information on this model. I think the main improvement is the AVM+ and an HDCP enabled DVI input. If you are thinking of getting into HD-DVD which should be here in 2 or 3 years time, you may be glad you had one of these inputs. The 50" Fujitsus certainly seem to get a lot of good reports. Hope this helps.

Steve