50" Plasma 700 to 1000 budget

Ghostdodes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking for a New Plasma , 700 to 1000 budget.

Currently Have a LG50PC56 so something better than that.

Been looking at the LG50PG6000, is that a good choice?

Thanks

I think you should consider including both 50PX8(HD Ready) and 50PZ81(Full HD) also in your comparison study.

I think you should consider including both 50PX8(HD Ready) and 50PZ81(Full HD) also in your comparison study.

50PZ81 is ~ £1350.

The 50PZ80 is closer to budget @ £1099.

The 50PX8 is a stripped down version of the PX80, which unfortunately there isn't a 50" version. I'd avoid that. Personally, as I have owned both the PZ80 and LG PG6000, the LG is absolutely stunning value for money and I would most definitely recommend it. However, it appears to suffer from image retention. Whether this is a wide spread problem still remains to be confirmed.

:smashin:

The 50PX8 is a stripped down version of the PX80, which unfortunately there isn't a 50" version. I'd avoid that.
I wouldnt discount it. It's probaly equivalent to the PX70 plus 100Hz and 24p playback. The PX80 is not that much better than the PX70. And the PX8 wont have image retention problems (as much as LG). Definitely worth a look at.

I wouldnt discount it. It's probaly equivalent to the PX70 plus 100Hz and 24p playback. The PX80 is not that much better than the PX70. And the PX8 wont have image retention problems (as much as LG). Definitely worth a look at.

The real problem I have with the PX8 is that it looks horrible compared to the PG6000. I know it's silly to base it on that decision alone, but there's a line to draw somewhere. I do agree with the IR though. Panasonic certainly aren't anywhere near as bad as the LG. I noticed very little, if any when I had the 46PZ80. ;)

The real problem I have with the PX8 is that it looks horrible compared to the PG6000. I know it's silly to base it on that decision alone, but there's a line to draw somewhere. I do agree with the IR though. Panasonic certainly aren't anywhere near as bad as the LG. I noticed very little, if any when I had the 46PZ80. ;)

Its not fair to compare 46PZ80 with 50PX8. With almost similar sizes PX8 having a lesser resolution can display SD better than PZ80.

Just to add fuel to the fire, I've just picked up a 50PX8 for £699 with a 5 year Panasonic warranty. House of Fraser have an offer on until Monday, then it goes back up to £799.

I agree it's not the slickest of designs, but from 11 feet away (my normal viewing distance) it looks pretty good.

Silly money in my opinion.

Last edited:
Just to add fuel to the fire, I've just picked up a 50PX8 for £699 with a 5 year Panasonic warranty. House of Fraser have an offer on until Monday, then it goes back up to £799.

I agree it's not the slickest of designs. but from 11 feet away (my normal viewing distance) it looks pretty good.

Agreed, real bargain material :thumbsup:

I agree it's not the slickest of designs. but from 11 feet away (my normal viewing distance) it looks pretty good.

That fuel is 100% OCTANE. Congrats on the new panel. Hope you njoy to the fullest! :thumbsup:

Is this instore only as it's £799 online?

Is this instore only as it's £799 online?

I checked the website and yes it not reflecting the 5-day special price. They had a printed in-store flyer that quotes £699, so I don't know why they didn't change the online price.

When I asked if they had any in stock, the sales chap (who actually knew his stuff and was very good) stated that just over 100 panels were being delivered this week to the main depot. Mine will be ready for collection on Tuesday.

I fail to find humour here. Atleast the OP with 50PX8 will not be looking for IR every 5 mins if he decided instead on a Low Grade Electronics Plasma!

There's the fanboy coming out in you then, as if it wasn't obvious already :rolleyes:

:D for both panaSONYcs.

I was actually just replying to your "lol" statement by lol'ing back. It had nothing to do with your actual comment. But yes, £699 for a 50" Panasonic seems like great value for money, so long as the styling doesn't bother the purchaser. ;)

I checked the website and yes it not reflecting the 5-day special price. They had a printed in-store flyer that quotes £699, so I don't know why they didn't change the online price.

When I asked if they had any in stock, the sales chap (who actually knew his stuff and was very good) stated that just over 100 panels were being delivered this week to the main depot. Mine will be ready for collection on Tuesday.

I collect mine on Saturday-the offer finished today.

I collect mine on Saturday-the offer finished today.

Its £699 at most places now, currys, dixons, comet et al :thumbsup: (but normal 1 year warranty)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom