50" PC monitor???

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Mickey123, Aug 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Mickey123

Mickey123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

Im looking to set up my PC in my main room and need a screen that fits the bill.

Instead of buying two average screens, one monitor and one TV I have decided to amalgamate the two and get ONE great screen.

I want a true 1080P 42" plus sized screen and have been looking very forward to the new sharp range due out soon. There prices also seem fair and half that of Sony. Anyone any views on this?

Things like screen burn scare me but how comes PC monitors don't suffer from this?

If anyone has any recomendations or suggestions re what screen or has any experience of running a PC on such a large sized display as opposed to a specific monitor etc please let me know.

Mickey

2. Blacksheep1979

Blacksheep1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PC monitors do suffer from screen burn - thats why they have screen savers. However LCDs in general don't suffer from screen burn. The trouble with using a large display as a PC monitor is that you won't be able to read small text as well as you would on a dedicated PC monitor. But it should work fine for general web surfind and watchinf dvds etc

3. Mickey123

Mickey123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Blacksheep.

Im taking it id be fine for HD gaming then? Also, plasmas are a no no re screen burn?

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,232
    CRTs do. LCDs don't
    Potentially, yes.