50 Inch TV's with Swivel Stands

J88

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hoping you TV experts can help me.

We are about to start decorating the living room from a blank canvas which is includes a long overdue TV upgrade.

Our first idea was to have the TV inset into the wall by boxing/studding out but now feel we will lose too much floor space so have decided to keep the TV on a yet to be brought cabinet/furniture. However, the layout of the room isn't ideal and leaves us really only one place for the TV to go and it would need to be angled so people on both sofa's can view comfortably. With the shops not being open I can't take a better look at the stands they come with. We will need a stand/feet which allows the TV to swivel somewhat. Our bedroom TV stand has this feature but it is not clear from the text on curry's, amazon etc etc if they do or don't. From the pictures the feet look fixed. its not something I've paid much interest to before. We are looking at your 50inch Samsungs, LG, Phillips etcetc.

Our Current TV is on its own dedicated TV stand with the whole thing turned on a angle for viewing. With the new cabinet we won't be able to do this (unless by a corner unit which isn't the plan) and so the TV will need to be turned.

Of course I have the option to turn the whole TV but then get into questions of hitting the wall and depth of unit etc.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Swivelling stands included with TVs have gone out of fashion and virtually no TVs include them. If you don't want to rotate the stand as well you'll need to buy a third party tabletop stand (or possibly a cabinet with a built in mount offering this).

Fortunately TV mounting is fairly standardised these days so the majority of stands will fit the majority of TVs.

Swivelling stands included with TVs have gone out of fashion and virtually no TVs include them. If you don't want to rotate the stand as well you'll need to buy a third party tabletop stand (or possibly a cabinet with a built in mount offering this).

Fortunately TV mounting is fairly standardised these days so the majority of stands will fit the majority of TVs.
Thought as much. Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll will try and find a nice table top swivel stand.

Thank you

Amazon sell them for under £30
I picked one of these up, Bontec swivel stand for £25 and its great for the price !!!

loads of different fitting options for different screen sizes and fitting points, with good range of movement too.

I'd heartily recommend one !!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom