50 inch tv for sport and films around £400

Marteenez

Novice Member
I've looked around the forum a bit and found these, just wondering if they're my best options, any help would really be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Dodgexander

Both those TVs use VA type panels which have more motion blur than TVs using IPS panels which you may dislike with sport. Before picking out models, determine first which type of panel you prefer:

If you are happy with a VA type panel, both TVs you found are suited. The Hisense is a 2019 model fully discounted whilst the Samsung is a new 2020 model with some room to wiggle on the price in the future. I'd suggest if you go for any 2020 model like the Samsung, to wait to buy at Black Friday or later, since prices should drop then.

Marteenez

Novice Member
Both those TVs use VA type panels which have more motion blur than TVs using IPS panels which you may dislike with sport. Before picking out models, determine first which type of panel you prefer:

If you are happy with a VA type panel, both TVs you found are suited. The Hisense is a 2019 model fully discounted whilst the Samsung is a new 2020 model with some room to wiggle on the price in the future. I'd suggest if you go for any 2020 model like the Samsung, to wait to buy at Black Friday or later, since prices should drop then.
Thanks for the response, do you have any suggestions for an IPS panel?

Dodgexander

Thanks for the response, do you have any suggestions for an IPS panel?
Yes, LG make the best value 49" models. They have an entry level series starting with 'UN'. For example 49UN7300. Anything with UN in the name is the same picture quality.

Sony TVs are expensive and probably over budget, but there entry 49X70xx models or 49XH80xx/49XH81xx models may have motion you prefer compared to LG.

These are all 2020 stock, so pricing is currently high like the Samsung you picked out. If you can find last years models still they may be cheaper. With LG last years series was '49UMxxxx' and with Sony '49XG70xx' or 49XG80xx/49XG81xx'

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom