50 inch plasma on wall above fireplace with back boiler

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by G3zz4, Jan 10, 2012.

1. G3zz4

G3zz4
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I'm looking for a little bit of advice on mounting my 50 inch plasma tv above my fireplace.

We don't use the fire so heat would not be a problem but we have a back boiler and I'm a bit worried about drilling into the wall as there are poisonous gases passing up the chimney and I don't want to put the bracket up and the poisonous gases start seeping in through the screw holes.

I'm sure the wall will be double bricked and the screws are only 3 inches long, bricks are usually around 4 inch thick and if its a double brick wall I don't see it being a problem, has anyone else put their tv above their fireplace with back boiler without any problems?

I have to get it wall mounted ASAP as my 11 month daughter likes to crawl up to the tv unit and I worry she grabs the tv and pulls it down and as the fireplace marks the centre of our living room its really our only option as our living room is an awkward shape : s

I would like to hear from anyone who has or knows someone who's mounted their tv above their fireplace with back boiler and tell me if it was a straight forward job or if there were any problems encountered.

I look forward to hearing from you.