50 inch hi def DLP rear projector from Sagem

Spoke to a very helpful french lady at Sagem,Staines.Told me first shipments are due in next week to Comet Retail.She said it will receive a 5 star review in 'What Video'
Already for sale in Darty( Comet's French equivalent) and has received positive comments in a french AV forum I looked at.
Worth a look when it arrives.

Toshiba is £1400,CRT (screen burn) but has got progressive scan.
Sagem is DLP , HD and DVI input but is twice the price.
You pays your money and ......

Hiya People

I am in the market for a new TV. Like the spec of the Sagem but for one small problem. According to all the info on Sagems site, this TV does not support NTSC. Can anyone confirm, or disprove this? Seeing as my entire DVD collection is R1.

Cheers folks

Paul

the sagem site says it has a tint feature for NTSC feeds, so i assume that means it does.

Phew :clap:

Now just got to get to a comet store and take alook at one in the flesh

Cheers

Paul

Originally posted by Oblivion
Hiya People

I am in the market for a new TV. Like the spec of the Sagem but for one small problem. According to all the info on Sagems site, this TV does not support NTSC. Can anyone confirm, or disprove this? Seeing as my entire DVD collection is R1.

Cheers folks

Paul

The spec sheet says it can handle 480i/480p from the external inputs, which is NTSC. I think you might be getting confused by the fact that the specs for the TV's broadcast reception tuners only list PAL & SECAM. These are the broadcast standards used in Europe (well PAL's the main standard, SECAM is only in France AFAIAA), whereas NTSC isn't a European broadcast type and so would be unlikely to find it's way into the spec.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom