50 Inch blinking red light.

ufnate03

Novice Member
Hello Everyone. I have a flatscreen from Panasonic Model Number TC-P50S2. The TV is running into an issue where when powered on, I hear the normal start up click, immediately followed by the shutdown click, with The red power indicator repeatedly flashing 10 times, with 3 second pauses after each 10 flash cycle. I looked into the service manual and as everyone is aware, it’s an issue with either the A-Board, SC- Board, SS-Board or the P-Board. My question is, where am I looking with the multimeter? I am aware that I can ground the ground probe to metal, But what circuits need to be tested on those boards. I have some experience working on tech, and I am aware of the discharging process and how to keep myself safe while working with a board powered. Essentially I’m slightly familiar with boards. Any help would be appreciated, Including anyone who has personally experienced this problem and how they fixed it. Thanks :)

Kapkirk

Replace any capacitors next to heatsinks on the power board, these are the ones that fail first.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom