50 inch 3D plasma?

mattlank6

Standard Member
Reaction score
I can pick up a Samsung C700 for £990 or a LG50PX 990 for £1200 or the get the pane 30GT? Any other suggestions would be appreciated please. I don't really want to spend more than £1300

From what i've followed (looking at this myself), the Panny is by far the best option. samsung apparently has a lot of crosstalk and not great response time. LG I can't comment on, never owned anything of theirs.

Thanks, I did read the reviews but cant decide. The Samsung and LG are older models now and there are no reviews of the newer models yet and what exactly is the 50hz issue with the Panasonic. I'm not a av pro so would I even notice?

Are you going to watch much standard def on it? If not, I'd not worry about the panny at all.

Then I wouldn't worry about the 50hz issue and plump for the Panasonic :) the 42" is only £699 on amazon now so doubt the 50" will be more than a grand.

trouble is now I know about the 50hz issue I will be constantly looking for it has anyone got a at 30GT?

So would you be looking at the crosstalk constantly on the sammy?

I guess it's best you go test drive them :) pick what's best for you personally.

The sammy has dropped out from the race but looking at the revues the LG scores higher plus comes with glasses and dongle. What would you get the the LG £1299 with glasses an dongle or the Panny £1315 without the trimmings? The LG scored reference marks on the 3d reviews for crosstalk!

Sounds like you've found your new tv mate :)

if u want 3d go panasonic

they're owning this year, the GT30 (thx certified) 50" - or the ST30 (non-thx certified) 55" for around the same cost

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom