50 Hz

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by JetJockey, Dec 27, 2006.

1. JetJockey

JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

Can't seem to find out how to set 50Hz refresh on my 7600 GT.

Can't even find the custom refresh panel that I saw on a 7300 GS that I installed for someone the other day?

I have installed the 50 Hz MCE Hack but this is of no use without the Nvidea control panel settings.

I have the 7600 GT connected to my Fujitsu Plasma via DVI, could this be the problem? Will the Plasma even allow 50Hz via DVI (or a multiple), or am I stuck at 60Hz? I gather it's fairly typical to see a DVI connection accepting only "PC" refresh rates. Trouble is, I want to Pixel map (1360x768) as this gives a pin sharp picture albeit at 60Hz presently.

If I use the DVI to component converter I am sure that I will get various refresh rates offered but I will loose the direct "Digital Pixel Mapping).

Perhaps it's time to start looking at a new 1080p projecter......groan! :(

Any ideas?

Thanks, Gerald.:)

2. stockyvillage

stockyvillage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    go to nvidia website and either d/load control panel or d/load you drivers which will incorporate c/panel dont forget to follow instructions and remove previous drivers

3. JetJockey

JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup.

Have Nvidia control panel.

Still can't find anything other than 60Hz. Must be the Plasma talking. It says in instruction manual that it only accepts 60Hz over DVI Input!!!

Bugger!:mad:

Gerald.

4. Mac Sami

Mac Sami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    If the plasma will only accept 60hz, chances are you won't be able to alter down to 50hz, as the panel will tell your PC's display drivers what resolutions and hz it will support.