5 free movie promotion to hit europe

Noggin1980

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just annouced at the IFA show, about time we got the same deal as the americans.

They said the venturer would be 300 euro or less, thats £200. If that is the MSRP then it will probably retail at about £150 with 5 free movies that makes it quite attractive to the general public and moves it into christmas present price range for many.

They mentioned quite a few studios in europe bringing new content too.

Overall though as with the blu-ray conference there was nothing huge to get excited about. Blu-rays big CE showing means they probably had the slightly better event though with all the players with release dates being profile 1.0 there wasn't a huge ammount to get excited about there.

Lyris (I think) wrote about the conference here, Thanks Lyris

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=65757

This could well be the deal that will make me see what all the fuss is about!:thumbsup:

Yeah, that's mine, glad you liked it. I have a whole bunch of press material to sift through now.

This is great news if it materialises. I have subconsiously gone dual format, i just need the HD-DVD player to make that physical :)

That's great. Considering that the price of HD-DVDs has been slowly creeping up over the last few months (and the aveage price now seems to be around £20)

£20 :eek: I'd say its closer to £15 at most. For example Asda (online) have a good selection for about £12

Just as I go and buy an HD DVD player... *grumble*

Of the two titles I can choose in the current promotion only the Bourne Supreamcy really interests me, the rest I'm not that keen on.

you are looking at the wrong locations.

So when will the 5 free disc promotion begin?

Does it apply for any player?

i.e can I get a Toshiba HD E1 on play for £179 and get the 5 free discs?

I was thinking of going dual format with the news from Paramount, But thought I'd wait to see what happened in the run upto xmas.
Glad I did now. I think when this offer starts is when I'll be going dual now. It's to good a deal to pass up, £180ish HD-DVD player with 5 free movies.

Just need to know when it start's

That's great. Considering that the price of HD-DVDs has been slowly creeping up over the last few months (and the aveage price now seems to be around £20) then the players will work out at a bit of a bargain.

You are definitely looking in the wrong places! I have 12 HD-DVDs and have not paid more than £12.99 for any of them and less than £10 for many.

If they'll just sort the Multi Region SD that's me in Utopia!

You are definitely looking in the wrong places! I have 12 HD-DVDs and have not paid more than £12.99 for any of them and less than £10 for many.

I'm talking about UK prices. I import all my titles because of the insane UK prices and I have not seen any UK shops selling any HD-DVDs for less than £10 (please point me to the correct place).

My original point should have been "considering the over inflated UK prices of HD-DVDs (that appear to range from £12 - £27) that have an approximate average UK price of £20 then factoring that saved money into the purchase price of a player, then the players are a bargain."

Cobbler,

My intention was not to offend but merely to ensure a fellow forum member was not paying too much.

Anyone know when this offer starts? I'm half tempted to jump in with the HD-E1 which can be had for £170 online, but I may wait until this offer starts, just hope there's some HD-E1's left when it does.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom