5 Creepy Things London did to Prepare for the Olympics

A shame it's so inaccurate.
Missiles have been installed at various other Olympics for example. butt hey, this is about sensationalism.

Tinfoil hat forum for this nonsense.

I think number one should be 'creepy Coe' - theres just something off about him, i wouldn't be surprised to learn he is in fact a vampire.

Sorry... but what's actually creepy about any of that? Non story :boring:

I'd rather Al Queda DIDN'T get the chance to stuff a bomb under a seat at the worlds largest terrorist target thanks very much.

Must have been a very slow news week if that's the best they can come up with.

:boring:

Wake me up when a decent thread is posted!

:facepalm:

OP, If you want creepy check out Beijing's security measures. They spent $6.5 billion, had fully trackable tickets fitted with RFID chips. The authorities took control of all CCTV whether public or private then just prior to the start of the games they started targeting religious schools, arrested most people they targeted but killed a few for good measure.

Surface to air missiles are nothing new for the Olympics and definitely not creepy.

Typical load of Jamfish trollop.

Give yourself a big double face-palm on our behalf :thumbsdow

That article is so inaccurate I cannot even be bothered to comment.

The [-]jobsworths[/-] Olympic lanes are stupid.

Hyperbolic American rubbish.

Sorry... but what's actually creepy about any of that? Non story :boring:

Their title, not mine - I was just relaying it.

I thought Cracked.com was the epitome of truth, not a sensationalist newspaper like the Sun or whatever. Does this mean all their other articles are false as well? Oh dear, I've taken them as near Gospel.

And give yourself a facepalm, I'm just linking to what I thought was an interesting and RELEVANT webpage - it's not as if I wrote it.

I'm not Jamfish anymore, in any case - I hated that name.

Their title, not mine - I was just relaying it.

I thought Cracked.com was the epitome of truth, not a sensationalist newspaper like the Sun or whatever. Does this mean all their other articles are false as well? Oh dear, I've taken them as near Gospel.

And give yourself a facepalm, I'm just linking to what I thought was an interesting and RELEVANT webpage - it's not as if I wrote it.

I'm not Jamfish anymore, in any case - I hated that name.
Different name same [-]crap [/-]great posts though :smashin:

I was just thinking a little while ago that's its nice and sensible in GC without Jamfish around. I didn't realise he's changed his name. What a shame, we've still got to trawl through crap like this to find the good discussions.

I was just thinking a little while ago that's its nice and sensible in GC without Jamfish around. I didn't realise he's changed his name. What a shame, we've still got to trawl through crap like this to find the good discussions.

My original was always Foebane72, I just changed it back.

And **** you as well, "buddy".

Unvarnished truth ...

I failed to see anything creepy?

Just looks like a "let's take a pop at the Olympics" thread.

Just looks like a "let's take a pop at the Olympics" thread.

Yes, it seems I've ruffled quite a few feathers with just posting that link. I wasn't aware anyone here was actually offended by this, until the comments likening the Onion to the Sun newspaper.

And Miss Mandy, that was especially hurtful. People here are posting endless links to such sites, especially rubbishy tabloid newspapers, yet my posts are trash and theirs aren't? How'd you like it if I called your threads crap, eh?

I wouldn't be bothered by it at all as you are entitled to your opinion. If we all liked the same things and all had the same opinions the forum would be a very boring place. :smashin:
I'm sure there are plenty of other people who post trash, I just haven't noticed them. Yours seem to be more frequent and seem to stand out more, so perhaps I singled you out unfairly in your opinion.

I'm sure there are plenty of other people who post trash, I just haven't noticed them. Yours seem to be more frequent and seem to stand out more, so perhaps I singled you out unfairly in your opinion.

Well, recently I looked back on my posting history and I have started a lot of threads on this particular board rather than consult Google on the answers to my questions, which in most cases it can answer.

Not any more, though. As AVForums members have told me, "Google is my friend", so I should at least check there first and only come here if the answers to my questions don't satisfy me. :smashin:

OK, I'll amend my original statement on this thread:

Cracked.com may NOT always tell the unvarnished truth about everything, but they're sure as heck funny about it! :smashin:

That's the thing I don't think anyone here's realised, it's a humour site, so there's bound to be some lying or distortion of truth to get a big guffaw out of people - not so much on this article, but on others, sure. If the truth fits the humour, so much the better.

Or I could stop posting links to articles from it? :rolleyes:

OK, I'll amend my original statement on this thread:

Cracked.com may NOT always tell the unvarnished truth about everything, but they're sure as heck funny about it! :smashin:

That's the thing I don't think anyone here's realised, it's a humour site, so there's bound to be some lying or distortion of truth to get a big guffaw out of people - not so much on this article, but on others, sure. If the truth fits the humour, so much the better.

Or I could stop posting links to articles from it? :rolleyes:

It wasn't the site in particular but the quality of that particular article.

Found this on there which I thought was pretty good. Had heard about some of the other stories when filming Chainsaw etc but the Inglorious Basterds parts was new to me

5 Great Movie Scenes Made Possible by Reckless Endangerment | Cracked.com

What about the rumour of the Olympics UFO landing? If you don't believe me then just Google it... :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom