5* and 5USA

djcla

Distinguished Member
SHould i be able to get these channels as they come up as encrypted in MP and i thought they were available on freesat now? 5+1 works ok.

robbo100

I thought that we're now available on Freeview (DVB-T) not Freesat (DBV-S). You need a sky card (albeit you don't need to actually pay any subscription) for these to work on satellite.

djcla

Distinguished Member
ninja 12 said:
They came up as encrypted for me as well

In the tv server config program , right click on the channels , select edit , and you can mark it as unencrypted .

They will then be viewable .

U sir are a legend thank you

mitch1

Novice Member
If you've already added Channel 4 HD after it moved last month then a manual scan on the King of Sat settings brings them all up - no problem with encryption for me.

I have the latest c4 hd. Manual scan brings up the new channels in 7mc 5* and 5usa show no signal but 5+1 works..

AMc

Distinguished Member
Do you have them but listed as encrypted?

I just did a single transponder scan at 10964 22000 Horizontal and got 10 new channels. I selected the first Channel 5 listed, 5 USA, 5 USA+1, 5* and 5*+1 which all worked without any fuss and no issue with encryption.

Card is a Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 which needed the XML fix to add C4HD last month if that helps?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom