5.7 seconds.

paulr

Prominent Member
Reaction score
That's how long it took for Ed Milliband to insert the phrase "cost of living crisis" into this mornings interview with Andrew Marr.
That must be a record, even by Ed's standards.

( and yes I timed it from the iplayer)

Surprised the slimy looking prick took that long tbh.

Funnily enough, I said to my wife as soon as he came on, here we go, COLC... And yes, it was in the first sentence. And a few of the others.

'So, Mr Milliband, what's the Labour Party Position on the Premiership race?
'Well if more people could afford go to support Liverpool due to the cost of living crisis, then they might have beaten Chelsea'.

'But what about those Nigerian school children; how are you helping to find them?'
'It's not easy Andrew. The cost of living crisis is making it difficult for hard working families to give to their usual charities'.

Hard working families is another one.

By the way, Balls is probably even worse than Milliband for using the same phrase over and over again in the hope that someone gets the message.

Phil

When they talk about support for hard working families, what they fail to understand is no family want to be "hard working".

All of them have their stock phrases which some are better at sneaking in than others. William Hague was pretty bad during his leadership of the Opposition with the absurd "common sense revolution".

But Ed is the worst ... like a piss poor telesales worker failing to hit target.

For some reason his hiring of Axelrod made me think of Michael Jackson hiring Quincy Jones ... a heavyweight sorting out a wierdo.

It's like looking at a hamster that got hit by a car and survived to complain about it.

Yet Labour are still ahead in the polls. Doesn't say much for the intelligence of the average voter, or the Coalition come to that. Scary.

^^^
More former than latter sadly:facepalm: imo.

Besides, ruling parties are always behind in the polls aren't they:). Often by a fair margin.

Should be thankful for the 2 Ed's that the gap isn't that bit:D

It is said that Ed is an intelligent chap, that just has issues getting his message across, I could buy that if it wan't for all his announced policies being hokum or the populist statist anti-market kind.

I agree on the idea of longer rental terms and a reduced threat of rental spike, but that has to go hand in hand with a huge supply increase, which non of the parties (UKIP included) are wanting to go to the polls with. Maybe this one policy with the name "Rent Control" is an instant of not getting the message across, but I think he is trying to be disingenuous with the message. It seems really odd to spin our own policies before you announce them.

He might be intelligent but that's not how it appears. Maybe he has a degree in history or something.:censored:

He's certainly not intelligent (like so many politicians) when it comes to real world issues. Some of the stuff he (or his spin doctors) comes out with is so stupid it's unreal.

I also don't get the 'smile more' routine they are all trying pull off, saw osborne do it the other day about the pizer take over.

Smiling at a random point when you remember that smiling is endearing and people like/trust those that smile a lot as read in a book or told by a spin doctor, doesn't work. Frankly you look like a maniac.

Further he would be better off washing his hair as it always looks terribly greasy like a school boy with parents that haven't instilled good hygiene in them, or only have one family bath a week. He could also do with a haircut too, as again he looks like so many school kids that either can't afford a haircut or social inept as you are at that age.

Maybe thats his angle, and Ed's is the wallace appreciation, Camon is shiny baby face as everyone likes that and the other Ed's is Gorbals as everyone wants a bit of authoritarian pushed on them... What a bunch of chancers, if they were books most people wouldn't get past the covers.

Yet Labour are still ahead in the polls. Doesn't say much for the intelligence of the average voter, or the Coalition come to that. Scary.

Nasty tories, austerity, bedroom tax...innit.

'But what about those Nigerian school children; how are you helping to find them?'
'It's not easy Andrew. The cost of living crisis is making it difficult for hard working families to give to their usual charities'.

Hard working families is another one.
Hard working families seems to be a Conservative one as well. Cameron used it this morning.

Hard working families seems to be a Conservative one as well. Cameron used it this morning.

That phrase annoys me more than most, to be honest. I mean, what about the lazy workers like me? The idle rich? The workshy poor? None of us get a look in.

All in this together my ass.

Phil

That Value and Tax can be a tricky minefield to navigate... :devil:

Perhaps our old friend got a job in Labour's spin department.

"There are children in our country living in abject poverty - without PS4s! We shall ensure every child has a PS4 (or XBox One, as is their entitled right), and it will be paid for with a tax on Bankers' bonuses!"

He wouldn't even get an internship in Max Clifford's spin department for the damage he could cause.

It's a shame Labour have such a crap leader, if he was decent the Tories would regularly have their arses handed to them.

It's a shame Labour have such a crap leader, if he was decent the Tories would regularly have their arses handed to them.

In what way?

In the way a good leader of HM Opposition always should especially when there is a coalition govt of parties who ditched their manifestos and do anything they like without a mandate.

Since when did Manifesto's mean anything:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom