Question 5.2 vs 7.2 Worth the upgrade?

I just have a stereo system in the bedroom. I have occasionally daydreamed of 5.1 in the bedroom but even I realize that it is not feasible and not worth it. I have never suggested it to the wife. She is quite tolerant of my A/V spending in the main listening room, I don't want to risk damaging that.

Yeah, I won't lie, I'm pretty lucky, though I'd like to think it works both ways, for example, we have a cat I never wanted. Think her dad is also keen on A/V, so not something new for her to wrap her head around, even if she has no interest herself :laugh:

In case anyone is at all interested, I've been trying to teach myself sketchup, so decided to do a crude layout of my speakers/room, minus a few fixtures/fittings/furniture. This is the current layout, limited by door opening inwards and a computer desk over the sub on the wall opposite the door, meaning mains and subs in a compromised layout. Will be rectifying at some stage this year when i can relocate the desk, and see if I can convince the wife to let me change the door so it swings into the hallway as opposed to the bedroom 🤞
Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 17.11.40.png

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 17.09.29.png
Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 17.07.45.png
Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 17.10.06.png
Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 17.10.36.png

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom