1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.1 System Without DVD Player?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by mossmanfly, Oct 24, 2005.

1. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I am looking at getting a new 5.1 sound system but without a DVD player. All the systems I see have DVD players with them, but I already have one. The main reason for getting a new 5.1 system is that I am looking at getting a LCD TV and with my current CRT at home I have surround sound on the TV, but I have it set to Pseudo sound. So the back speakers output the same as the front, for me I like normal TV, games consoles etc like this as you get a much fuller sound. With my current sound system it doesnt have this option yet I see Pioneer do a pretty good system Here but it comes with a DVD player. From the spec it looks like it does what I want, but I want it something as a seperate system to be able to plug via the RCA(Red and White Cables) into the LCD and optical to do 5.1, DTS etc for my DVD player.

Anything on the market that will output stereo sound to the back speakers? Looking really at up to £200, as its for a bedroom I dont need earth shattering sound.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270